Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete logo design work

What does that mean? I have a job to do, and i received this message:

Upload your completed logo design work from the previous session with a 150 pixel by 50 pixel small version and a 600 pixel by 200 pixel large version under
    "My profile". Use the logo design and print at least 100 business cards.

The thing is, my logo is on 1920x1920 and i don't know if i must do the business cards already, or do anything else and just to add more details to the question, i'm brazilian and maybe i just don't get what they are saying because my main language is portuguese and i still learning english.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Tércio and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I have a job to do, and i received this message:
      What job are you trying to do? From where did you receive the message?

Upload your completed logo design work from the previous session with a 150 pixel by 50 pixel small version and a 600 pixel by 200 pixel large version under
      "My profile". Use the logo design and print at least 100 business cards.
      Are you uploading artwork for business cards to an online printer? There's no context in your writing to let us know what this is all about. It sounds like they need a 150x50-pixel version and a 600x200-pixel version, but i have no idea who they are or why they need them.

The thing is, my logo is on 1920x1920 and i don't know if i must do the business cards already, or do anything else...
      Your original logo is 1920x1920 pixels? Is that what you're saying? Logos really should be in a vector format, not pixels. What do you mean, you "don't know if I must do the business cards already." I really don't know what you're saying or trying to do.

i'm brazilian and maybe i just don't get what they are saying because my main language is portuguese and i still learning english.
      Your English seems good, but I don't think you're thinking through what you're writing here. You're leaving out a lot of information without letting us know what you're trying to accomplish.

Comment

Ok, so i'll try to do my best to explain it.

We have a startup, an this is sort of a test done by a team from a company. One of our members, the one in contact with the team behind this test, received an email an send me this photo to show me what should i do:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturar.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	21617

Sorry for the quality of this photo.

Ok, so i already have the logo for the startup done. I'm not a really experienced designer, i used Photoshop CC to do the logo. It is a project created with the resolution of 1920 pixels width by 1920 pixels height. This project contains the logo, and i used things like smart objects and the pen tool to do the logo.

My question about the business cards is, if by this message, the company is telling us that we should do business cards with the resolution they just told (600 pixels by 200 pixels and 150 pixels by 150 pixels). If so, i can understand, if they are not asking us to do business cards, then i do not understand what they are asking.
        Attached Files

Comment

Based on that photo, I would say they are telling you to upload two sizes of your logo and then use that logo to get 100 business cards printed on your own. They are not going to print business cards for you. They are recommending that you get business cards printed, and also develop a letterhead for your company.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

That photo looks like part of a take home test for a graphic design student.

Who is the 'team'? Are they clients you are doing design for and they are testing you to see if you can pass the test?

Or is it an online instant business card making service where you are creating a photoshop logo and uploading it to do business cards for your own startup? What does your startup do? And why aren't you sure if you are printing business cards or not?

It looks like you aren't passing the test.

Last edited by PrintDriver; 11-15-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Yes, that is sort of what i was getting from what they said, but how can i resize my logo to such a different size and proportion?

It is like, my current logo is a square and they want it to become a rectangle.

Comment

You can re-size your logo to fit within the size they gave, but stay in your square shape.
                Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Ok, the team is a startup accelerator. This is like a test for us, our startup is on the insurance business.

Comment

It sort of sounds like you aren't quite ready to be accelerated.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
                      Comment on QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
                      PrintDriver
                      Hi wcali, nice rant. A lot of the software companies are forgetting their main purpose in life.
                      The Output.
                      As a printer, I have been going round and round with Adobe over features they have...
                      Today, 08:46 AM
                    • Peter3v
                      Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
                      Peter3v
                      Hey B - If interested people would like to message me on earth2pete@hotmail.com that would be great. Thank you
                      Today, 06:52 AM
                    • Breanne.C
                      Reply to Helloooooo!
                      Breanne.C
                      Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
                      Yesterday, 10:29 PM
                    • Breanne.C
                      Reply to Font ID Please
                      Breanne.C
                      Oh yeah.

Catorze27 Style 1 Bold best matched it, for the exception of the M, which I easily was able to fix....
                      Yesterday, 10:14 PM
                    • wcali
                      Reply to QuarkXPress 2017 introduced
                      wcali
                      Hello Fellow Graphic Design Friends,

Wanted to post here on a older post. I use CS5.5 and when I heard Quark was half prices it brought me back to a time when all I used was Quark, think...
                      Yesterday, 08:28 PM
                    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X