Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pavlo
    Reply to Company Logo Rebranding Critique
    Pavlo
    Yes, I get that clients can have what they want because they are paying for it.

But that's not the point of the role of a graphic designer is it?

Also, this is a forum for graphic
    Today, 01:27 AM
  • garricks
    Comment on Happy Friday!!
    garricks
    Oh, crap. I've done that. Not fun. Take care hon!
    Today, 01:05 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Recommendation request: online proofing tool
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF CALM

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Business Name Ideas
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Autumn

Seems a bit silly to have random strangers throw names at a wall to see what sticks, no? We don't know anything about you or your business, really. What have you come...
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
  • Red Kittie Kat
    Reply to Happy Friday!!
    Red Kittie Kat
    Thanks everyone...on top of it I sneezed this morning and threw my back out...oh well the ice packs help with the hot flashes ROFL!!! This gettin' old shit is....gettin' old!!!
    Yesterday, 11:07 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Library's

Dear All,

I am in the process of putting together a massive image library...

We have purchased i view media pro & I am using bridge also to apply keywords & meta data but I was wondering if anyone out there has put together a IL & what is the best way of doing this?

ideas pretty please?
    thanks
    amy...

What is the end use of the image library? Is it for a database, or is this the library for use of your art dept. or clients?
    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

the image library will be on our intranet, so available to employees...

Our technician/programmer is investigating the best way to do this at the moment & his options are database, index server & something else... not sure where he is at with this at the moment...

Its a crazy project!!!!!!!!!

amy

Comment

Where are the images coming from, just out of curiosity? Do you have an in-house photographer?

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Images are coming from all over the place... CD, from other design agencies, some from photographers that have taken various shoots for annual reports or product launches...

I work for Boral... a big Australian construction compnay... I work in-house for Boral & have been here for 5 years... we have truck loads of images... heaps of divisions in the company...

We have a massive server so these images are being uploaded to that & keywords & metadata is being applied...

amy...

Comment

Check out Cumulus Data Asset Management.
            It's too much for my inventory but if you really mean "massive", it might be worth scoping out.

Comment

thanks... i will... I think our server is a terrabyte... or something like this!

Comment

Bringing this thread back to life briefly to ask you all what you use for image management. We have a mixture of in-house photography, stock images and illustrations that need to be indexed and tracked. We're currently using an older version of Extensis Portfolio server. I'm going to look for Cumulus; does anyone else have any suggestions? Much appreciated!
                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

We don't manage our images. They are all separated into their respective customer/job files.
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

We do that as well, buda.
                    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                      We do that as well, buda.
                      Oh good. Glad we're not the only ones.
                      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I've toyed with the idea of looking into something different, but we've always managed with our system, so it hasn't been a major focus.

Comment

We're also looking at Picturian (which looks promising), Final Cut Server (when it becomes available), and something like "capture" (It's what MLB uses).*

We keep images with their respective jobs, but we keep the originals in a library on a server. It's becoming unmanagable--difficult to find images using only Bridge. Much of this library never had key words assigned, either. Blech.

*And, BTW, I have no connection to any of these products.
                          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Let me know what you come up with, I do actually toy around with various thoughts about this stuff, primarily because we also have very frequent requests from the account service department and others to provide them with "the image we used on that gizmo a while back, do you remember" kind of situations. I've often thought some type of image library software or other scheme would be well utilized where I work.

Comment

We store all our images on an Xserve, each client has their own iPhoto on that server then inside that they have different albums.

Hold down option and click on iPhoto to start, then you locate the client's iPhoto you need to open and click it. Pretty nice.
                              Web Designer

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X