Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designing for the Web is one that I just came across that you can read for free on the web. It's about web design specifically, but it covers all aspects of being a web designer, including the business side. You can read it for free online here:

Designing for the Web

Comment

Not really a graphic design book but more of a inspirational book for creatives.

Making Ideas Happen by Scott Belsky

Comment

thanks so much guy... I've got the creative thing in spades, everyone loves my designs, but I can't manage myself out of a paperbag when it comes to business. Therefore remain borderline broke. Got some learning to do and books to buy.

Comment

"Business Secrets For Designers"- FANTASTIC!!!!!

I read it and learned A LOT!

Comment

I also use YouTube

Books aren't the only way to learn about Graphic Design. I use YouTube a lot mainly because I can see what's happening and I am able to practice while the video is playing.

Thank you for the list of book to read. I will certainly make use of the list. Much appreciated

Comment

Hi whitegordon936 and welcome to GDF!

We ask that all new members take a few minutes read through important threads here and here. These will explain our rules, answer frequently asked questions and explain some of the long running jokes you'll run into.

Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times, and leave your keyboard in its upright and locked position. If forum pressure should change, panels over your seat will open revealing bacon. Secure your own bacon before helping others.

Enjoy your stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

The Win Without Pitching Manifesto has given me a lot of ideas. Can be read online for free.

Comment

Yep, all are good and finest but still to select the better option, one has to spend quality time in choosing the better business design.

Comment

• Buda
                    Buda commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi WilsonSmith and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes. Enjoy your stay!

know your onions graphic design is really good by Drew de Soto I'm reading this book at the moment informative and engaging!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• StudioMonkey
                    Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
                    StudioMonkey
                    Neither Foil nor Varnish are done on a digital press - you would have to get your Business Cards printed Litho. For 100 cards this is always going to be expensive - you could probably get 2000 cards...
                    Today, 09:38 AM
                  • natalya.jpg
                    What do you think about my new web site?
                    natalya.jpg
                    What do you think about my new web site?

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]Hello everybody![/COLOR]

I've just made my new website for the great opera singer. What do you think?...
                    Today, 03:16 AM
                  • mishulikes
                    Reply to The right typography
                    mishulikes
                    With body text, one tends to want use a simple serif for easier reading. Like B and PrintDriver have said, who is reading the magazine and even the genre of the content will dictate the typeface. I used...
                    Today, 01:13 AM
                  • mishulikes
                    Reply to Please critique my jazz poster
                    mishulikes
                    Coloring can make or break a piece. Jazz tends to be a moody, soulful music. The lime green does not fit that moody feel and it might have been better if you pushed you color scheme a bit further to add...
                    Today, 12:59 AM
                  • mishulikes
                    Reply to Hello All!
                    mishulikes
                    Thank you, KitchWitch!
                    Today, 12:13 AM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X