Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big or small companies can they afford it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big or small companies can they afford it?

Do you think a number of employees a company has reflects on their purchasing power? Assuming the more people they have the more money they have to spend on graphic design?

yes and no. ???

In general, if you were contacting apple for the last of their new power mac 4000, and you have a large well established company... they will more than likely do business with you over the small one may team down at Uncle Joes graphics.

Why do you ask?

CNIC - noun [see - nick]
    1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
    2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
    3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
    For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

I am targeting companies and I have data on how many employees they have, I wanted to know if that is a reflection of how well they are established financially.

Comment

I suppose it could be???? Might depend on the business type though rather than just quality or longevity.

CNIC - noun [see - nick]
        1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
        2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
        3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
        For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

There is a big difference between purchasing power and willingness/approval to purchase, especially when it relates to marketing/graphic design. For example in the company I work in we have about 1300 employees, made $113 million in profits last year and our GD budget is most likely under $1/2 mill. Other companies might have 100 employees, lose money and have multi-million GD/advertising budgets.

All that is determined by the leadership deciding how much they want to spend on graphic design/advertising and that can fluctute greatly between companies with similar number of employees and is often more driven by the industry of the company.

I would maybe try to find some stats on graphic design budgets per industry and use that first as an indicator which companies to target.

Once you find the high GD/advertising industries, then the employee account normally might be a factor, but it is not a sure bet. Smaller companies (employee wise) might actually spend more money on external graphic design that larger companies, since they might do everything inhouse.

Hope this helps some.

Comment

Thank you guys, great input.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X