X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meffy View Post
    IDD, before bumping threads it's a good idea to check the dates to see whether they're current or historical. The previous post in this thread was made during the Eisenhower administration.

A dictionary might also be a wise investment.
    This is the exact reason I seldom post in online forums. Someone is always quick to give an attitude, belittle you and ignore you're entire post when they find a typo your smartphone produces.

Last night after work I was searching online and came across this thread. It not only answered my question, but after reading the entire thread I found I had useful information that I thought others could benefit from. So I decided to join up and post my experienced opinion.

If you're so angry that I found this thread, which not only served its purpose but produced a call to action, blame Google.

Thank you for welcoming me, Meffy.
    Get Inspired to Impress & Improve Your Clientele

Comment

Inspired, you're welcome to post in any open thread.

Moderator welcome: We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by Meffy View Post
        IDD, before bumping threads it's a good idea to check the dates to see whether they're current or historical. The previous post in this thread was made during the Eisenhower administration.

A dictionary might also be a wise investment.
        Originally posted by garricks View Post
        Inspired, you're welcome to post in any open thread.

Moderator welcome: We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
        Much appreciated Garricks, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by InspiredByIDD View Post
          If you're so angry
          No anger there, so please don't attribute it to me. As you saw, I withdrew my objection since garricks says that's the tradition here.
          Thank you for welcoming me, Meffy.
          You're welcome. :-} Hope you get lots of design advice and tips here. There are some real experts around.

Comment

Thanks a lot Meffy, I appreciate it. I'll be sure to post my intro in the appropriate thread today. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Just 'cos I'm picky doesn't mean I'm not friendly. *salute*

Comment

....and it's been 5 years since I last posted in this thread and a few things have changed. I own a registered company now but I've yet to put a title on my new business card. Maybe the next batch of cards will have something on them, but I still can't decide what is to go on them.

Graphic Designer probably. Director seems pretentious. Even though I am legally the director.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Buda View Post
                  ....and it's been 5 years since I last posted in this thread and a few things have changed. I own a registered company now but I've yet to put a title on my new business card. Maybe the next batch of cards will have something on them, but I still can't decide what is to go on them.

Graphic Designer probably. Director seems pretentious. Even though I am legally the director.
                  Legally eh? What was the licensing process for the title? Where do you get the application from?

I put Vector Guru on mine.
                  In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Shall is a direct command whereas the verb will is a prophecy of the future.

http://www.behance.net/tmt

Comment

Originally posted by TomMonTom View Post
                    Legally eh? What was the licensing process for the title? Where do you get the application from?
                    The Business Registration Office. When you legally register a business you are required to list all the officers and their titles of the company. In some locations, legally registering your business is a prerequisite to starting one.
                    Last edited by PanToshi; 04-17-2012, 02:22 AM.
                    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by PanToshi View Post
                      The Business Registration Office. When you legally register a business you are required to list all the officers and their titles of the company. In some locations, legally registering your business is a prerequisite to starting one.
                      I just put owner at that time.
                      In life there are a lot of grey areas; not in the conception phase of logo design.

When a person asks you to do work for nothing in return, they are saying to your face, "You're worthless but useful to me."

Comment

Originally posted by TomMonTom View Post
                        I just put owner at that time.
                        That may be well and fine for your locale. I don't know the specifics of business registration legalities in New Zealand, do you?

Given that this is a global forum, not everyone's experiences will be the same.
                        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Yep, when I registered my business, I put me and my husband down as the directors. We're also the shareholders, but that doesn't need to go on the business card...
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by PanToshi View Post
                            That may be well and fine for your locale. I don't know the specifics of business registration legalities in New Zealand, do you?

Given that this is a global forum, not everyone's experiences will be the same.
                            Of course, didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Comment

Drop your title it can look a little pretentious if you are a sole trader, I would just put your name and your skill set ie; writer, marketing, design, print etc. this will resonate with potential new clients more so than letting them know you are the owner of the business.
                              Web Design and Graphic Design

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X