No announcement yet.

Wacky things clients say to take advantage of designers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC1- great post! I've been selling for years and like to feel that I can read people. The guy in my example, I honestly believe, hadn't really thought through what I go through to get him a finished drawing, OR that a day doing that for him was a day not doing billable work. I explained my processes and my expectations, and that got him at least invested enough to send me an email reiterating our conversation and giving me his contact info. So, we'll see where it goes. In the meantime, can I call what you suggest "sales judo?"

Dave

Comment

...can I call what you suggest "sales judo?"
      Sounds good. ...I studied TKD/Hapkido (Korean Jujitsu), but still very apt.
      Design Crux - information design, infographics, visual merchandising

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• StudioMonkey
        Reply to Best Laptop Model for graphic designer
        StudioMonkey
        When asked a similar question years ago my boss said 'Just buy the biggest, fastest, latest thing you can afford because in 6 months it will be obsolete'.
        Today, 08:46 AM
      • StudioMonkey
        Reply to What kind of music do you like?
        StudioMonkey
        I would struggle to get it down to eight genres - I like all kinds of music but I dislike a lot of stuff for various reasons.

Classical is another list.

From this list you can...
        Today, 08:36 AM
      • Andy Hunder
        Envato EU VAT problems. Need help!
        Andy Hunder
        Greetings!
        I am the freelance web designer doing projects in EU. Iíve done a lot of them for Envato.
        But recently it turned out that I might be a subject to EU tax authoritiesí investigation,...
        Today, 08:29 AM
      • Cosmo
        Reply to Best Laptop Model for graphic designer
        Cosmo
        Are you set on a laptop? You get so much more for your money with a desktop. And I hate the thought of doing any kind of serious design work on such a tiny screen.

But it depends on your...
        Today, 08:05 AM
      • HotButton
        Reply to Acrobat Pro DC problem
        HotButton
        Right.

Bulgaria called his fields "checkboxes," and his depiction looks like checkboxes, so I assumed they weren't Radio Buttons, but YES / NO boxes probably should be Radio Buttons...
        Today, 07:53 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X