No announcement yet.

Wacky things clients say to take advantage of designers

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC1- great post! I've been selling for years and like to feel that I can read people. The guy in my example, I honestly believe, hadn't really thought through what I go through to get him a finished drawing, OR that a day doing that for him was a day not doing billable work. I explained my processes and my expectations, and that got him at least invested enough to send me an email reiterating our conversation and giving me his contact info. So, we'll see where it goes. In the meantime, can I call what you suggest "sales judo?"

...can I call what you suggest "sales judo?"
      Sounds good. ...I studied TKD/Hapkido (Korean Jujitsu), but still very apt.
      Design Crux - information design, infographics, visual merchandising

Latest Topics

• Buda
        Reply to What is everyone's work space like?
        I've been freelancing full time for 6 months so I'm still working out more efficient ways of doing things, though I feel like I've got my office set up pretty well now.

I work from home...
        Today, 05:37 PM
      • Buda
        Reply to Am I cut out for this??
        I always expect some form of crit after sending a proof to a client. When there is no critique, I am concerned because I fear the client hasn't looked at the proof properly.

From a learning...
        Today, 05:17 PM
      • Buda
        Reply to Looking for mentor
        Studies are a big investment in time and money. I wouldn't hire a designer that refused to invest in themselves to learn the basics.

A mentor is someone to guide you when you get stuck professionally....
        Today, 05:15 PM
      • Buda
        Reply to Looking for an Online Graphic Design Tool with Specific Features
        Hi Tommy_New and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how...
        Today, 05:08 PM
      • Tommy_New
        Looking for an Online Graphic Design Tool with Specific Features
        Hey everyone!

I'm looking for an online graphic design tool (it doesn't have to be free) that is really simple to use. I'm looking to make infographics/reports that will basically consist...
        Today, 04:22 PM

Incredible Stock
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings