Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• molliwhopped
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    molliwhopped
    I like it! Ignore the typography? i think it fits well!
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • B
    Reply to Unused designs - who owns them?
    B
    In my freelance work, the contract is pretty clear about what the client is buying. If the contract says that the deliverables are one trifold brochure file delivered to a printer, that's exactly what...
    Yesterday, 10:53 PM
  • EmberMike
    Unused designs - who owns them?
    EmberMike
    I've worked under the assumption that everything I do while on a client project belongs to the client. If I'm on the clock for them, what I do is theirs.

That said, rarely do I ever have...
    Yesterday, 10:43 PM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to Waiting to get paid, how long should I wait?
    EmberMike
    Two-and-a-half weeks is not a long time to wait. I've recently had to wait 70 days for a payment, and at worst I've had a client who regularly took 120 days to pay. My contracts and invoices say Net 45,...
    Yesterday, 10:38 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Reply to College vs University
    misplacedVTer
    Curriculum Vitae; essentially a resume.

Also, if you are looking at any schools in the States, consider that down here College and University are used differently than in Canada...
    Yesterday, 09:52 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinkedIn and Behance

I'm on LinkedIn, and am thinking about adding Behance to it for a portfolio. Has anyone else done this, and what do you think?
    "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
    LinkedIn

I don't use either of those, so I am of absolutely no help there...sorry!
    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

I know a lot of people that really like Behance. I have my own site for a portfolio so I've never used it, but a lot of people seem to really dig it.
      http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

I use it...both actually.

Though I haven't updated the Behance in about 2 years.
        I like how they work together.

and nice networking for Behance...even if it is more designer to designer info (like on here).

my link to Behance should be in my signature..will post and check.
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

Yep, both links are there BJM.

I've got a LinkedIn profile, but LinkedIn isn't all that popular here in NZ so people don't really think to use it. Do employers use LinkedIn at all? I thought about getting clients to write testimonials for me since I saw someone else's profile with loads of them. I think testimonials from real clients is a nice touch for a freelancer.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I'm on LinkedIn. Just sent a connection request to BJM and TA (I think).
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Yes you did Kitch!
              accepted.

Well, I know employers look them over here. Heck, I even look at potential employers as much as I can on LinkedIn too. And having the Behance linked right on the profile on LinkedIn is nice.
              Dribbble Page
              Behance Portfolio
              Linkedin Profile

Comment

Oh yes, I've looked up freelance clients on there.

Everyone looks so much more impressive on LinkedIn.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I don't use either .. never heard of Behance

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

I was always under the impression that Behance was full of creatives. So good for a freelancer looking to work in collaboration with other creatives, but not for one that wants to reach non-creatives too.

Comment

I have my Behance portflio linked to my LinkedIn page. Definately a great way to show your work on LinkedIn without having to reupload everything.
                      "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
                      -Steve Jobs

Comment

Hey guys, can you set your Behance portfolio to private or password only?

I have a freelance website, but I've considered having a personal, private portfolio for work that includes the clients I've worked for in my day job.

Comment

not sure about that Buda.

I did put work I created "on the job" on Behance. Just like a regular portfolio i have every right to post it. (I know many others do on there too)
                          Also, I did receive a comment once from a company I did work for while working for another company. They wanted the business card removed as the employee (CEO) was no longer with them. I have removed it and since that time their logo has changed but that stuff is still up there.
                          Dribbble Page
                          Behance Portfolio
                          Linkedin Profile

Comment

Pleh. Joined LinkedIn once just to shut up 'friends' who insisted that I network with them. Tried to shut off all options regarding networking etc. that over the years became more and more difficult. Understand that they've now added ads, and tracking etc. Bye bye.

Gee, maybe I should check to see if I'm still in there even. Thanks for the reminder.

** Phew! Nope. I'm dead to them. Good.
                            Last edited by Bob; 03-21-2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                            Working...
                            X