Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    DanCMU
    Thanks, much appreciated encouragement there.

‹Somebody else just told me the same thing about the 'e'. Maybe I should try and make this more obvious. It might be the case that the speech...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • jessica21
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    seamas: I appreciate the suggestions on where to look for more influence. A challenge I keep running into is finding a typeface that is professional and clear for a logo, but still has a steampunk look....
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    CataclysmX
    I really like this new concept, it definitely speaks "messenger" to me. At first I didn't know how to feel about the backwards e but realized it looks good because it's like they are facing...
    Today, 04:16 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    CataclysmX
    I would say J2 is working the best so far, I like that logo. I would just try and find a matching typeface that goes with it, or maybe even the same font, for using on the name below the emblem/pictoral...
    Today, 04:09 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Freelance Opportunities as a stu
    Buda
    I would tread carefully.

No one here is going to be actively encouraging a student to freelance. It's usually education first, internship, a few years of full time design work before freelancing....
    Today, 04:04 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• health insurance for freelancers?

I have a sister who is single and is turning 23 this year and will soon be off her dad's insurance. She is currently a freelance graphic artist in NJ ... actually we both freelance individually but I never had to worry about health insurance because I was already married before I started freelancing so I know nothing about choosing one. My sister though is single and would like to help her find affordable health insurance but don't know where to start. I heard about joining some guilds like GAG might help get individuals group rates. She is in basically good health and doesn't smoke. Can somebody recommend a company, a guild, etc. that can help with affordable health insurance?

Thanks in advance for the advise.

I could be wrong, but doesn't the new healthcare law allow people to stay on their parents insurance until they're 25?
    "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
    -Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by redbox74 View Post
      Can somebody recommend a company, a guild, etc. that can help with affordable health insurance?
      Disclaimer: I have NO personal experience with these groups and their insurance plans.

Freelancers Union
      Media Bistro
      AIGA
      GAG
      Fractured Atlas

*Note: All have eligibility requirements. Not offered in all States.

Also, check into getting an insurance agent; Met Life or similar. They can suggest options for your sisters specific self-employment and health circumstances, and help work out what's best.

Hope this helps some.
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

So if you have an AIGA membership, you could be allowed to join a group insurance rate? Does anyone else have experience with this? I'm looking into insurance for myself as well, but have no clue about this stuff.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X