No announcement yet.

Logo Search

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Search

Hi Gang

How do I go about searching for a logo that might look like the one I'm currently designing - all I'm getting back are graphs as it's with a bunch of boxes.

Is there something more than google images to find this out? It's a whole lot less work to do this at the beginning of the design process, rather than start over a ways down the road.

Have you tried Tin Eye?
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

I've never had any luck with tineye. I even deliberately designed something almost exactly like something that I knew already existed, and it didn't find any matches.

so how do I know if I'm designing something that's already been designed?

You run a real trademark search.

Doing this yourself can be time consuming and a bit iffy if you don't know what you are doing but good to try prior to registration.

And for the record, this is what the Trademark office considers "Likelihood of Confusion" when assessing whether a mark is too similar to someone else's.

tanx PD

Latest Topics

• Ray12
              Reply to Best University/College for graphic design in Canada?
              Hi there! I've been attending OCAD for two years now after attending another college. I'm told it's a much different atmosphere than colleges because it's less focused on "application" and more...
              Today, 01:18 AM
            • AdobePro
              Adobe InDesign and a JPG Size
              Hi again,
              For some reason, the jpg that is 1920 px by 680 px does not fit into the Adobe InDesign 1920px by 680px document. When I place the jpg into INDesign it shows up much smaller. I know this...
              Yesterday, 10:18 PM
            • Kayekaye
              Comment on E-book Cover Design color profile
              Absolutely. There is nothing worse than explaining the color gamut to clients who have fallen in love with the vibrant RGB colors that turn to mud in CMYK. Nothing.
              Yesterday, 09:44 PM
            • Kayekaye
              Reply to Drawing tablets
              There are many wacom tablet owners right now that are not working with upgrades. Google and see if yours is one that doesn't have an update. I'm on mac, and I have heard that the Bamboo will not work...
              Yesterday, 09:39 PM
            • designzombie
              Reply to Welcome back!
              I thought Adobe bought out the forum to silence all the badmouthing of their brand I've been doing lately.
              Yesterday, 07:20 PM

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us