Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you all need to carpool and have the non-driver snap a photo.

THough I agree on a moving target words are easier to memorize. then numbers...and QR Codes or MS Tags are never easy.
    Dribbble Page
    Behance Portfolio
    Linkedin Profile

Comment

Twitter and Facebook...how many of you include the icons in your email sigs?
      If I get enough back and forth emails, I can get upwards of 20 attachments of those stupid things on my emails. And the 21st attachment is the actual graphic file I may have asked for 6 emails ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
        Twitter and Facebook...how many of you include the icons in your email sigs?
        If I get enough back and forth emails, I can get upwards of 20 attachments of those stupid things on my emails. And the 21st attachment is the actual graphic file I may have asked for 6 emails ago.
        No images in my email signatures. I have a client that attaches a repeating background image, and a few others signatures are 100% gif and I totally agree, it can be a pain to sort out the real attachments from the other frilly garbage.
        Design is not decoration.

Comment

those bug me...oh you finally sent me the artwork I need, or the File I requested...NOPE just your Signature saved as a JPG and sent along with your email. Thanks.
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
            No images in my email signatures. I have a client that attaches a repeating background image, and a few others signatures are 100% gif and I totally agree, it can be a pain to sort out the real attachments from the other frilly garbage.
            Just do like I did a couple months ago...

I had a customer send me 4 or 5 attachments and tell me they needed 100 of each attachment. Their signature and background image showed up as attachments and they got 100 of each of those too...
            http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
              Just do like I did a couple months ago...

I had a customer send me 4 or 5 attachments and tell me they needed 100 of each attachment. Their signature and background image showed up as attachments and they got 100 of each of those too...
              LOL, are they still a customer?
              Design is not decoration.

Comment

ROFL Cosmo.

Most graphics are stripped from our emails. Due to HIPAA we have to save EVERYTHING, and our department gets slammed hard enough for the large attachements we send. Additionally, GroupWise recently started choking on sig attachments. If I hit "Reply" and don't strip any broken image icons out of the reply window, it hangs forever.
                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I love it when they explode after a few trips through the mill and become all mashed up code. Verry attractive.

Cosmo, you have just given me an idea. Now for the chance to be asked to implement it. <rubs hands together in evil manner.>

Comment

this is a pretty cool QR Code "product"
                    http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2012/5/18/guinness-qr-cup.html

Dribbble Page
                    Behance Portfolio
                    Linkedin Profile

Comment

That is actually a really really clever use of a QR code.

blog/portfolio

Comment

yep. it won't work on your puny beers...you need Guinness, or Oil, or chocolate Syrup.
                        Dribbble Page
                        Behance Portfolio
                        Linkedin Profile

Comment

Or a Coke.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Or coca-cola?

Ya know... whatever happened to having a pint with your friends in the same room?
                            Gotta tweet to share now, eh?

Ha! Ninja'd by Virgo!

Comment

haha. well i know quite a few people/friends/acquaintances, who have some Badge system for drinking beers, or types, or at places, or amounts... and it'll post to Facebook and the Beer Badge system. They wanted me to join but I declined. No needing to know every time i drank...or forgetting to post a special beer and feel like i missed my shot to post it.

but sure, a cola might work if the bubbles aren't too much. and I suppose Prune juice and Sangria and Wine and Cranberry, etc. would work too.
                              Dribbble Page
                              Behance Portfolio
                              Linkedin Profile

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                                Ya know... whatever happened to having a pint with your friends in the same room?
                                Gotta tweet to share now, eh?
                                Funny... I rarely post pics of what beer I'm drinking, or even really bother to share that I'm drinking... UNLESS I'm having a pint of Guinness. I've had to stop myself sometimes because I worry people are gonna get tired of me posting pics of my Guinness.

When I do post a pic, it's more of a toast to all my friends. At least that's how I think of it.

Hm... a pint of red wine? That would hurt me. Wine is so dehydrating and hangover-inducing (for me anyway). After half a glass I get flushed and loudly talkative.
                                Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 05-18-2012, 02:04 PM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X