Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• MaNL
    Reply to Your thoughts on this logo?
    MaNL
    I second everything skribe said. My suggestion would be to loose those shapes which hold "U" mark. That mark would very well work on it's own and logo would become simplier, more practical for...
    Today, 11:11 AM
  • MaNL
    Reply to Portfolio critique?
    MaNL
    Very solid work. I'm a fan. I think there's enough variety and I wouldn't take out or add any of the projects. Power rangers project is probably weakest link of all, but still decent enough to represent...
    Today, 11:00 AM
  • True G
    e-commerce website
    True G
    Hello, i need to design a e-commerce website on wordpress for a caps and clothing business i know woo e-commerce is good but any particular template i could use to help customise
    the website
    Today, 10:54 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Your thoughts on this logo?
    skribe
    I apologize in advance if the following seems overly critical, but assuming you really want a critique and not just affirmation there are really a lot of things you should consider.

I am...
    Today, 10:07 AM
  • approveme
    Reply to Hardware, Software Advice
    approveme
    Hi Paul,

Welcome to this forum, hope you enjoy here.
    Today, 05:59 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Hosting Recommendations

I'm looking for a good web/domain hosting company. I read good reviews and bad reviews of a bunch of them. Does anyone have any hosting companies they'd care to recommend, and why?
    "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
    LinkedIn

I've been using site5 for the last few years. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a host, even without giving out a referral link that gets me $20. You can give it a 30 day try if you'd like. I do however recommend staying away from Go daddy.

Anyways, I chose site5 because of customer service/support if needed, the re-seller options, price (about the same as most I suppose), up time.
    "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

I would recommend any hosting company other than Godaddy.
      If on the other hand, you enjoy having your rectal sphincter regularly polished, your innards ripped out, rubbed in pink insulation and put back in then please, use Godaddy.

(I posted that bofore I saw Obsidian's post, lol! I use WebHostforASP.com only because I use DotNetNuke.)
      Last edited by Keyare; 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

GoDaddy didn't even make the top 20. I wish my boss hadn't gone with them, but he's still stuck in the 90's.
        "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
        LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit801 View Post
          I'm looking for a good web/domain hosting company. I read good reviews and bad reviews of a bunch of them. Does anyone have any hosting companies they'd care to recommend, and why?
          I assume that you're looking for a small, low-cost, shared-server environment rather than a VPS or dedicated. HostGator always gets top marks, and my experience has been good. I've also used LunarPages for several years, and never had anything but good, dependable service and up-time. In addition to recommending against GoDaddy, I'd also recommend not using DreamHost. I used DreamHost for two or three years, and just kept having nuisance issues with them, like undelivered email and ongoing downtime problems.

Look at what comes with the different packages. For example, cPanel can come in very handy, as can extra email addresses, multiple domain & database support and special server configurations. It's a hassle to move a site, so if you need, say, ionCube or GD support or some other extension or version of software, it's nice to know ahead of time.

Comment

Hi Gromitsky hows the stomach?
            My website developer swears by tigertech...

Comment

So far no one's mentioned InMotion, which seems to have good online reviews..... by people I don't know, lol.

Rach, better. I'll 'splain in the chain thread.
              LinkedIn

Comment

I can vouch for InMotion. I have all my sites through them. Never had a problem.
                http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Gromit, let me know when you get enough advice so I can close this thread. It's already starting to attract spammers.

Comment

Kool, I guess if this attracting spammers, go ahead and close it out.
                    LinkedIn

Comment

Any question like this attracts spammers like flies on you know what. But we like to make sure you have what you need before we close it. Are you all set?

Comment

Pull the trigger Kool.
                        LinkedIn

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X