Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to Getting back into graphics after a 20 year hiatus... Help with submission...
    ISitude
    Revisit the typography, the hierarchy seems off. And careful with that font, because some versions are free (and some aren't) it is a common go to curly font ... and is also poorly rendered.
    Today, 03:26 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to First Post; question about design "style"
    ISitude
    Vintage ticket ...retro ticket ...passport ticket ...ticket graphic design.
    Today, 02:59 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hello there.
    Buda
    Hi Gregor and welcome. Make sure you read the links that KW mentioned. There's a reason why most of us do not mention our real names...
    Today, 02:30 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to What Ya Think?
    Buda
    If you believe in your product, you should pay your designers. If you don't believe in your product, you are in the wrong business.

Instead of offering too many designs, offer 1 very good...
    Today, 02:28 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to New Cartoonist
    Buda
    Hello there, are you saying you made a movie in MS Paint? Because I think my head is about explode.
    Today, 02:24 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to ask the same thing Garricks - maybe they don't realize the repercussions. It's NOT the artist's problem - it's there's. I'd be tempted to make sure this isn't an education problem - as in maybe they need to be fully educated on the seriousness of the issue.
    - Jen

"You cannot soar with eagles if you surround yourself with turkeys"

My blog

Comment

Originally posted by Cre8tivDirector View Post
      I'd be tempted to make sure this isn't an education problem - as in maybe they need to be fully educated on the seriousness of the issue.
      I think you're right. However, some people never learn, or don't care, until they get slammed with a C&D letter.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

No. They know what can happen. I've told them. They are under the impression that if it's "changed a little" nothing can come back on them. Apparently they hired me because I DON'T know what I'm talking about.

They are stupid, stupid people who think they know all. And in this case, the actual pattern wasn't changed, just the colors in it. And not even all of those. This is most definately blatant infringement.

I may quit and tell them that if they contest my unemployment I will call Adobe personally. And then do it anway just because that "artist" should be stopped.

I AM going to consult with an attourney to make sure none of this can legally come back on me. If it can, then I legally can leave without losing my benefits in order to protect myself and my career. Then I will turn them in. Bastards.
        I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
        -Louisa May Alcott

Comment

I'm sure you know that changing it won't make it okay, and it sounds like telling them that won't do any good. I'd get something in writing, that's dated, to show you've informed them that they are illegally using Adobe patterns that are protected. What they do with that information is up to them, but it should help prove you tried to stop it.

And I'd quit that job. Get a job at McWhatever if I had to, just get out. They obviously don't care what laws they break or who they step on to get what they want - or who they throw under the bus.

I would also wonder about their relationship or connection to the person they paid oodles to 'create' those patterns and not care that they got conned. The sneaky part of me thinks it was a friend or relative that they won't turn in, or even a way to funnel money out of the company.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Nothing a rooftop and a Barrett .50 wouldn't cure.
            "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
            LinkedIn

Comment

lol
              Gromit you have such a refreshing, down to earth way of dealing with things.

Comment

And that from a guy from CA, 2nd home of the anti-gun liberals. LOL!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X