• MichaelWied
    Comment on Company Logo Rebranding Critique
    MichaelWied
    Cant' see it for some reason.
    Today, 04:15 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Buda
    Is the company name still The Fitness Doctors? The latest logo doesn't show this.
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    Buda
    Oh lala, if your summer is ending, that means my winter is ending.

Amazing pirate mermaid wedding! I went to a pirate birthday party on a boat once but that doesn't even compare to a wedding....
    Today, 03:35 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    salsa
    If it were me, I'd just write off all the work done so far as pro bono. Like several others already mentioned, I do all family work for free and if they want to pay me then that's an extra bonus.
    Today, 03:23 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    Kayekaye
    I had inlaws approach me for a logo and website. What a nightmare. They are a married professional couple and said "Of course we would pay you, $___ (an amount that barely covers 2 hours of work)...
    Today, 03:07 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color numbers PMS -> RAL

Hi,

I'm a graphic design student from Belgium, and i'm new here!

Can anybody help out please?
    For my final assignment (corporate identity), I need the RAL color numbers and color numbers for vynil film.

I've gotmy PMS colors! Where can i find the exact same color in RAL?
    Does anybody know a website with tables for which contain this information?

one color ->different numbers!

my colors (pantone 280CV & pantone 123CV)

thx a lot

you're so

greetz

Looks like RAL is a a type of color matching system similar to PMS chips but mainly used for powder coating. Right?

And what vinyl film are you looking for? Do you want translucent backlit as well as opaque (in case you want to light up your sign?). Lots of flavors for that and I'm not sure you got 3M or Avery products in Belgium. The only way we can match vinyl colors is to pull a PMS chip and look in a vinyl swatch book for a match. And in vinyl, close is good. Custom costs $$$ and you have to buy a full lot.

http://www.avas.cz/nastroje/barvy/index.php (don't know what language it's in, but it works).
    http://www.tx4.us/moacolor.htm (may be something in here useful)
    Try a google search on the vinyl... but unless you luck out and Avery has those two colors as actual PMS stock you will need to get a chart. Go to a sign shop with your chips. Call em first and tell em you're a student. They should help you out if they aren't up to their arse in busy.

Good luck on your project. Sounds like they are having you do the full, proper research for a Corporate Identity. I like that.
    Welcome to the forum.

Comment

mate,

I'll giveit a look!

Assignment goes from looking for a company to create CI for untill the finish!

All for real!!

Comment

funky language

but indeed it works

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X