Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• garricks
    Reply to What do you think?
    garricks
    Hi hasatan, welcome to the forum. We ask all new members to read the forum rules posted here and here. They will give you all the info you need on how the forum runs, the rules and regs, and give...
    Today, 12:11 PM
  • fur
    Reply to Multiply, white background question. Must be a 1 minute answer?? Help!
    fur
    So i wanted to say that i played around a bit with the trace image option and i made it so that the background vanished and the image is still clear. Im not sure if this is what he did, but i cant find...
    Today, 12:09 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    PrintDriver
    Now that I can read it, your copy needs help.

Spreads around?
    What risks? Getting the flu or dying from it. Everyone is at risk of "getting" the flu.
    Is the flu vaccine...
    Today, 11:28 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    PrintDriver
    If all your Roland cutter needs is target bullets, it doesn't matter where the print comes from. We cut stuff on our Roland this is printed on a wide variety of machines, though admittedly not a Gerber...
    Today, 11:21 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Is graphic design for me?
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF BillyLogan

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask...
    Today, 11:11 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pantone help

okay i need help first day on the job....

which pantone swatch library do I use in illustrator?

I have all the swatch here in front of me...but I dont know which one to use...

HELP??????

I am doing a two color business card

JUST LAUNCHED - www.hirethisdesigner.com - check it out

i need a classic red and blue

Comment

HELP....?????

Comment

Perm use either the Pantone solid coated or the Pantone solid uncoated depending on what stock it will be printed on. As far as colors go PMS 186 is a nice red. And PMS 300 is a nice blue. Most printers will have both of these in stock since they are real common. It would probably be best to have the client pick from the PMS book though to avoid problems. Let me know if you need more help in this area.

'I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.' Abraham Simpson

Comment

I use the Pantone Solid Coated or Solid Uncoated, depending on which stock it will be on. Just keep it all consistent between Photoshop and Illustrator, if you are importing images from both (ie a duotone from Photoshop).

Comment

i have like 9 differenet swatches and i got confused....

----------

just to clarify I can use any lighter shade of that PMS by changing the white value in the color pallete in AI....

is there a way to check color usage in AI..

thanks DUDES

Comment

if your going to lighten that shade, you can do it by adding more white, or dropping the opacity or transparency down. And I use Coated and Un-coated 99% of the time.

censored by the all mighty gods of reality.
              ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

P 485 ids a good bright red also.

use Coated just to be safe. 95% of printed material will be coated.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
                "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

D-Frag you're my nightmare. How do I match a transparent PMS color? Frigging tints are bad enough.
                  Grumble grumble grumble

Comment

Print-didnt we just have this discussion when I was asking about spot colors and transparencies?? You said go ahead and do it, that the printers figure it out. But I do get what your saying about matching....that would definetly be a problem. so what do we do then?

censored by the all mighty gods of reality.
                    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Hmm. Something coming back to bite me? Or maybe something in a different context?

It used to be transparency caused major meltdown in rips (and amongst the RIPers). But that's been mostly overcome. Don't ask me how they do it, they don't tell me. I'm just a lackey. So yes you can use transparency, but if you want it to be a certain color, well... I don't have a way to confidently say I'll hit what you're looking for. And if two colors overlap, Yech. Will see about getting some tests run using % tints and % transparency and see where that leads. But it would only be over white. Not color over color. A PMS % tint over another color is solid. A transparency % over another color creates a third color. And not always a good one.

Did we have this discussion on your issue of backsaving to v8 from v10? Cuz that flattens transparency and creates a whole nuther mess.

PrintDriver is a large format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X