Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahahahaha!!!

Ok, a little back story...

I went on a job interview recently for a local Alphagraphics. They were needing a lead designer, as their current designer is not good at all. According to the manager I interviewed with, she shows up sporadically at best, does sub standard work when she does any at all, and is rude to customers and co-workers. Well, he proceded to show me a logo that she did that she charged the customer $1000 for. Allegedly, this logo took 8 hours to do and she was supposedly REALLY proud of it. Well, I guess the customer took the proof sheet, and were never heard from again.

Fast Forward a week or so...

I'm working at a small-time screenprinting/embroidery shop. I'm going through some old files and run across a file for this company. Curious, I open it up, AND IT'S THE SAME LOGO!!!! The one the customer "didn't like". My boss said that they came in with this on a piece of paper and asked them to reproduce it for them, since they had "lost" the original file.

I thought this was hilarious as hell. I'm debating telling the Alphagraphics manager about this, even tho he didn't hire me. What do y'all think i should do?

oh yeah if you wanna see this masterpiece, here's a link
    the logo is the upper half of the ad, above the list.
    Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
    click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Christ almighty, that logo made my eyes bleed.
    *insert inane quote here*

Comment

::Fighting back gag reflex:: That's a nice logo, excuse me..........
      Less be more.

Comment

Looks like Fast Suckers suckered Alphagraphics. That's one rediculous looking logo. A sucker holding a sucker.Hehe
        WYSIWYG

Comment

yeah they did... Should I tell them?
          Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
          click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Comment

Yes for $500.00 bucks---Suckers!!
            WYSIWYG

Comment

I would, but I don't know it that's the professional thing to do. Designers have to look out for designers. Like that whole logoworks thing.
              Less be more.

Comment

I would, it would be worth it just to know that "Fast Suckers" had to pay $1k for it

lmao

Comment

jeepers.......thats horrible...and thats the top designers work? hot diggity dog......i was absolutely shocked that that is professional work....and something a LEAD DESIGNER is PROUD of....
                  'your anger is a gift...'

ckeck out Analyze Think

inside my head

Comment

If I was the client I wouldn't pay 1k for that horrible thing, but then I wouldn't then take it to someone else to get it recreated.
                    Less be more.

Comment

Offer to redesign it into something that doesn't make people want to vomit.

Fee? $500.

Comment

In all seriousness, did she do that logo in MSPaint?

Comment

Some people are idiots... they like that kinda stuff, But obviously they didn't think it was worth 1k either since they stole it.
                          SIZE DOES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel
                            Some people are idiots... they like that kinda stuff, But obviously they didn't think it was worth 1k either since they stole it.
                            That's correct. They spent days working on that lolli pop knowing that each day the price for this sucker is climbing and then got out in a panic.
                            WYSIWYG

Comment

dear christ that makes me appreciate my less mentally astute clients more.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X