Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• neeru_m
    Reply to Need help with logo
    neeru_m
    Thanks Amit for your suggestions. I'll try to improve my logo...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to Music album cover
    AmitMan
    I like the grunge style here. Its a little hard to read at times, especially with the white text on black.

Nice work, keep up the good stuff!
    Today, 03:29 AM
  • AmitMan
    AmitMan
    I think I see what your trying to do with the underline, but I don't think its working in this case. A simple underline can help to add distance between a title and say a headline and can also make the...
    Today, 03:25 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to :::-----What's the graphic standards logo ------:::
    AmitMan
    I've heard of checklists and similar documents used for say ensuring your file is print ready (ensuring all digital images are at least 300dpi, file formats are corrects, appropriate bleeds etc.) but...
    Today, 03:11 AM
  • neeru_m
    neeru_m
    Sorry I just forget to mention. Its a Graphic and Web Design company logo. And the major symbol is a combination of "D" and "L" which is the first letter of company name "Design...
    Today, 02:57 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparel Design VS Graphic Design?

I just gratuated with a BS in Graphic Design. I want to get into apparel design in the action sports industry. I've heard since I already have a GD degree, a further degree in apparel design is not necessary. Yet nobody hires in the apparel design industry without apparel design experience. what to do? more school? print/prepress just for experience period? etc?

Your in PDX, try for an internship of some sort, at either: Nike, or Adidas.

Nike being based out of Beaverton, and Adidas is off of Burnside and I think 23rd Ave. (west). If you cant get anything through them, I would ask them what approach they would take to get into the industry, and if they knew anyone or company in apperal design that offers Internships.
    pasยทsion
    If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
    -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Informational interview.
      Find out what the inside people know.

Comment

in my current job (but only until tomorrow when i go an maternity leave!!! yay!) i do graphics and branding for some key players in the fashion/apparel industry - perhaps that could be a possible route into apparel design?
        work play shoot flabfight

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X