Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to The legalities of "Fan Art" and Copyrights/Trademarks
    PrintDriver
    I need to find an hour to watch that video. Tough when the weather is so good and work is so busy.
    Today, 11:02 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to cut down on meetings?
    PrintDriver
    Do you have any kind of contractual explanation on the amount of meetings you have accounted for in your quote?
    Lately I've noticed you almost have to do this just to avoid running all over the...
    Today, 10:59 AM
  • jessica21
    Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    Hello All,

Background:
    I am making a logo for my boyfriend's tea company, Starlight Tea. It sells high quality loose leaf tea, will have a website, and be in a local cafe (it's more...
    Today, 05:52 AM
  • Buda
    How to cut down on meetings?
    Buda
    I have a client who I am going to design a book for. I met with her about 4-5 months ago to discuss. She emails me each month to tell me she hasn't advanced any further on the project. She's been overseas...
    Today, 05:25 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    skribe
    It sounds to me like you are hitting a retina issue. When I look at your site the graphics look fine to me on my 25" monitor. I just googled "SquareSpace Retina Support" and quickly...
    Today, 05:24 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding the middle color help

I am learning to see the middle color of 2 given colors. I have set up this color study as shown. To find out the middle color, i use mathematical calculations by finding the middle values of RGB for the 2 colors. Is this way of finding the middle color more accurate than with the eye?

I'm no math major, but I don't understand how you arrived at those middle values. Please don't make me use my brain.
    You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Subtract the lower from the higher, divide in two, add to the lower? Too much math for me. someone should write a script to do this...

Comment

use the color wheel in photoshop, set it to analogous, and set it to take three samples.
        I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

How do you do that?

Well, i was bored so I went ahead and made a script :/
          http://ecsyle.sytes.net/dev/color.php

Comment

dammit! i forget , i'm trying to find out how again.

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! i can't remember!

Comment

It's ok. Use my handy dandy color thingy

Comment

hey thats cool. Nice one!

I must be going crazy, but i swear you were able to use a color wheel in photoshop, and choose your sampling scheme, number of colors etc. Someone please help me, i'm going to be up all night trying to figure out this one. All i remember about it, is that it was a pretty obscure feature.

Comment

He used averages and rounded up.
                    Check your billing.

Comment

hey ecsyle - that's a nifty color thingie!
                      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Man, I am horrible at math, had to take basic algebra twice in high school and than I barely passed. Just not my strong point I guess.
                        How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

That is a handy dandy color thingy.

Comment

cool, if someone actually uses it, the source is there too.

Comment

I don't really see the purpose of determining the middle value of two colors other than an exercise for school, and seeing how the numerical values relate to the colors. Mathematically what was done was close enough.

What would be a more useful exercise would be to submit a color value as the answer. Then the instructor would claim that color is incorrect, even if it is correct. The instructor would then talk about how the color "looks" wrong or doesn't "feel right", and express dismay that he trusted you, the expert, to make the correct decision and you failed him miserably. This would be an excellent exercise to see how one might deal with real world situations involving stupid clients.

Oh, and the middle value for those intial colors could be a sort of yellow, not purple - if you look to the midpoint of the opposite side of the color wheel.
                              . . . in bed

(.)(.)™

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X