graphic drawing tablets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphic drawing tablets

I got some money for my birthday and I would like to purchase a graphics tablet. Unfortunately I cannot afford a Wacom Tablet. I was looking at the Huion 2048 Levels Pen Pressure Painting Graphic Tablet Drawing Board 10 x 6.25 Inches H610pro

the Turcom Graphic Drawing Tablet 8 X 6 Inches

and the Ugee M1000L Graphics Drawing Pen Tablet with 10 x 6 Inch Drawing Area 2048 Levels

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which would be the best product?

I use the small wacom, size is a preference thing IMHO, I'm not familiar with anĄ of those brands, sorry.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

• inbalnce
      inbalnce commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you mean this one? Wacom Intuos Pen Small Tablet (CTL480).
      BTW I love your signature... it's why I want a tablet

• kemingMatters
      kemingMatters commented
      Editing a comment
      That's close to the one I'm currently using, same body, I have the CTH480; it has touch capability too so I can use it as a track pad.

and thank you.

What kind of work are you using your tablet for? Painting? Photo retouching?

I only use mine for photo retouching work and I prefer a small wacom.

I haven't heard of any of those brands either. I once bought a non-brand tablet and it was horrible.The pen didn't register on the tablet in the right place, the lag was unacceptable and I had to press really hard on the tip to get it to come register at all. I ended up giving it to my sister who hated it too.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Buda
      Buda commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't use my tablet for graphics or illustrations, but most of my stuff is vector work.

For a complete beginner I recommend starting with a mouse. If you find you are doing movements that are less "click move click" and more like painting or drawing motions, then look into getting a tablet.

• kemingMatters
      kemingMatters commented
      Editing a comment
      I use mine for everything, but there is a big learning curve with this style of tablet. The hardest part is separating your eyes from your hand, in other words you need to be able look at a screen (not where you are drawing) while drawing at the same time.

• inbalnce
      inbalnce commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been doing design part-time since 1999, but I am new to creating my own illustrations and backgrounds. I have noticed that I am making more painting and drawing motions, which is why I wanted to find out about the tablets.

I am also not familiar with the brands you listed. Before investing in a Surface (which is AMAZING for drawing, made my life so much easier) I used a Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet. It was ok and did the job but like Buda mentioned, it depends on what you will be using it for.

Comment

• inbalnce
      inbalnce commented
      Editing a comment
      I want to start doing my own graphics, backgrounds, illustrations... but I am a complete beginner. Keming commented on this thread and the signature he uses is "Design is not decoration." and that sums up what I want to move on from.

Are you talking about this tablet? Wacom CTL471 Bamboo Splash Pen Small Tablet CTL471 Drawing Tablet Windows & Mac

• Just_Imajenn
      Just_Imajenn commented
      Editing a comment
      The one I had is Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet, but I bought it years ago so they may have improved since then. Any of them I assume would work just fine. Like I said, I used it for years for my graphics and drawings up until last year when I bought a Surface.

AMAZON LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-CTL460-.../dp/B002OOWC3I

• inbalnce
      inbalnce commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

If you are just starting, do not go for Ugee tablets, stick to either Wacom or Huion.Currently what I am using to teach my students in Wacom Intuos and Huion Q10.Noth the tablets are great and comes with great sensitivity level.

Comment

Hi Nirbhaysingh and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X