Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with logo element

Hi GDF!

I have a local restaurant that wants the artwork on their plates to be their logo and I'm having no success reproducing the impression on the plates.

I've tried blending two circles, drawing with the pen tool, and even live tracing the picture. Nothing is working out for me. I've looked all over for a brush that might have been used and tried to create a brush that would do this in a single stroke.

Does anyone have insight as to how I can create this line effect just like the sample. Any and all help is very appreciated.

Attached Files

Hi Dmattingly and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

It looks to me like 2 Blends overlain, with select lines subsequently deleted or shortened/lengthened.

More importantly, what makes the restaurateur (and you) think it's okay to just commandeer and re-purpose the serviceware maker's pattern? Has anyone checked into whether it's protected? What would happen if it became a widely recognizable identity, and 3 or 4 years down the road, the place got shut down for health code violations? Would that damage the original owner of the artwork, who is also in the foodservice business?

A brand's originality is its cornerstone. The opposite constitutes a legal concept known as "exposure."

Of course, you make your own business decisions. But I wouldn't do it.
      Last edited by HotButton; 01-12-2017, 06:38 AM.
      Coming to you from sunny America, where freedom, solvency, and now the presidency,
      are all unsurreptitiously counterfeited for your entertainment.

Comment

Honestly, I work in the print industry and my boss has little regard for copyrights or trademarks. I've tried giving them variations of the artwork but they haven't accepted any of them, they want it very specific.

To answer your question, no, no one has looked into the protection of the plates. At first I thought they did the art on the plates themselves until I got a higher res image of the plates.

Comment

I agree with Hot Button

I would proceed with caution in taking someone else's design and using it as a logo.

I would aslo caution against using a graphic like that as a logo to begin with--too many really thin lines. Will look awful on a business card.
          Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

Time to find a new boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmattingly View Post
              ...they want it very specific.
              I suspect it won't make a difference, but maybe you could mention how they're insisting you commit a crime...ya know, in addition to designing...err...copying...an unsustainable brand identity.
              Coming to you from sunny America, where freedom, solvency, and now the presidency,
              are all unsurreptitiously counterfeited for your entertainment.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mirrage
                Prototyping or sketching app.
                mirrage
                Hello everyone!

I recently got an Ipad Air and I wanna use it occasionally for print
                and/or web (i can leave without it too) prototyping.
                What app would you suggest?
                I don't...
                Today, 04:18 AM
              • HotButton
                Reply to Illustrator Error Message
                HotButton
                Right, you don't HAVE to take it to Photoshop, but try it 20 times, then try direct export 20 times, and then decide for yourself which result is more worthy of your workflow....
                Yesterday, 11:31 PM
              • onabox
                Comment on Seeking feedback for Signage/ Business Card assignment
                onabox
                Hi PrintDriver - i tried to get the designs to post as images (jpegs) but had no luck. I'll try again. Thanks for your time though.
                Yesterday, 10:41 PM
              • BillZ
                Reply to Illustrator Error Message
                BillZ
                I think PNG is required in this instance because the file is interpreted literally by the software doing the direct to garment printing. Thus, if the artwork contains a white BG instead of a transparent...
                Yesterday, 10:19 PM
              • BillZ
                Reply to adult colouring book Line Drawings
                BillZ
                The sample you posted is a doodle. I see those books all the time too, and I find it amazing that someone (many people) figured out how to turn a buck from their doodles. They're fun to draw...just get...
                Yesterday, 10:05 PM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X