Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to change a background image size?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to change a background image size?

Going to be launching an iPhone app soon that displays new background images weekly and I would like to know if I am able to take high quality background photos and customize them to this size >>> 1242 x 2148. If this is possible how does that work? Also does anybody have any suggestions for obtaining free high quality background images preferably customized for the iPhone? Any other help related to this would be appreciated Thanks.

Seriously?

Comment

Hi Jkplayer01 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by jkplayer01 View Post
        Does anyone know how to change a background image size?
        Yes.

As for the rest of the question, I don't really understand. Do you mean the "background image" that's displayed while the app is in use, or are you describing an app that is essentially a "wallpaper changer"?

Either way, it's kind of difficult to resolve the notion of someone engaged in app design while possessing no knowledge of image manipulation.
        I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

What software are you using to optimize the images for you alternating background app?

this is important as no one can read your mind. The software you are using is the most important detail you need to mention other than the base question as changing the background image size is accomplished differently from software to software. you could be using Photoshop, Coral Draw, Pinical, Picasa or any other different software. All which probably have the ability to change a background image size but the way to do so can sometimes be very different.

Unless you mean changing the max or minimal image side the specific iPhone will display. the answer to your question in this context would be "yes" buy it may have a more technical solution than just using the software. you may hav to know specific details about the display hardware and reprogram that hard wares software or even re code the operating systems code which pertains to the the display output.

try to keep your questions as detailed and specific as possible.

Comment

Not to mention most stock companies, even free ones, don't allow the use described here...

Comment

Seriously? Is it good?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
                Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
                Glitchin
                Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
                Today, 03:55 PM
              • Glitchin
                Comment on Logo Feedback
                Glitchin
                I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
                Today, 03:24 PM
              • Glitchin
                Reply to Critique Please?
                Glitchin
                This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
                Today, 02:58 PM
              • Glitchin
                Comment on Critique Please?
                Glitchin
                Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
                Today, 02:54 PM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                PrintDriver
                Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
                Today, 12:42 PM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X