Refine Mask - Photoshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refine Mask - Photoshop

Anyone else completely confused? I updated my CC and now am unable to feather this dudes hair. Anyone have suggestions on my settings?
    Attached Files
    If three designs are shown to a client, your least favorite will be chosen or any combination of worst components of each. If two designs are shown, a third will be requested. If provided, then one of the first two will be chosen.

1. Turn on High Quality Preview and make sure the zoom level is 100%
    2. Tick "Smart Radius". It's one of the few automatic features that is just about always of benefit
    Side note: I'm guessing (sort of) that your initial masking effort was executed in great haste with the Pen or the Polygonal Lasso tool. If you're going to do it that way, much better results will come if you can find it in yourself to slow down, set (many) more anchors closer together, and use the bezier features in addition to your straight segments. This is a pretty rough starting point, so refine Mask can only improve it so much.
    Which Right? The old Right that was often right, or the new Right that's so so Wrong?

Comment

Hey! Yes, this initial mask was done quickly, but also this photo is a very low res jpg, as you can see its blurry. This man will only be about an inch and a half on a white background. I have cropped many people for years, and I used to be able to use refine mask to easily and perfectly crop the hair. Using my old method, I would do it very roughly around the hair, and refine mask would basically take out all of one colour (ie the background) and hairs would remain in tact and perfect.

Anyways, thanks for the help! I will see what I can do with smart radius!
      If three designs are shown to a client, your least favorite will be chosen or any combination of worst components of each. If two designs are shown, a third will be requested. If provided, then one of the first two will be chosen.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
        Reply to Hi guys im new
        KitchWitch
        Hi Penguinruwan and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
        Today, 01:24 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Hi guys im new
        PrintDriver
        Not quite sure what to tell you.
        The profession of graphic design is not learned by watching tricks on Youtube or learning the software buttons. There is quite a bit of theory that goes into a good...
        Today, 01:22 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Comment on Google Fiber
        PrintDriver
        Boston is only a Webpass city anyway, and only for condos and apartment buildings.
        Looks like they still plan to expand into a (very) few new cities:
        https://fiber.google.com/newcities/
        Today, 01:13 PM
      • cwelsch
        UI Designer Full-time in Games/Education (Irvine, CA)
        cwelsch
        Your designs can make a difference.
        MIND Research Institute is utilizing gamification and neuroscientific research to push the boundaries of education, and we need a pixel-perfect UI designer...
        Today, 01:06 PM
      • B
        Comment on Dream jobs?
        B
        Yeah, I'm not sure how this one got through. I've changed the URL to something else.
        Today, 12:45 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X