Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to place a smart object in photoshop without it being linked

Hi guys,
    I'm applying logos to application images within photoshop.
    I am copying vector logos from a single illustrator file then pasting them into my psd.

Every time I reopen the psd, it says the smart object is not linked. This is driving me crazy.

Is there a way to just copy and paste the smart object into the psd and have it be part of the psd as opposed to referencing wherever I copy/pasted it from?

Thank you!

Coming to you from sunny America, where freedom, solvency, and now the presidency,
    are all unsurreptitiously counterfeited for your entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by HotButton View Post
      Thanks.
      How does it work with resizing a vector object in photoshop that has been converted to pixels?

Comment

After you hit that OK button, the vector graphic will be pasted in a bounding-box equipped with control handles. THIS IS YOUR ONE CHANCE to transform it while it is still in vector form. After sizing, etc., tap Enter or double-click to commit, at which time the graphic in its current transform state will be rasterized on its new layer at the established resolution of the Photoshop canvas.

If you want to preserve its vector construct, you must paste it as a Smart Object, and then figure out a better way to manage the linkage. I'm not sure why you're getting that broken link message.
        Last edited by HotButton; 02-02-2017, 03:40 PM.
        Coming to you from sunny America, where freedom, solvency, and now the presidency,
        are all unsurreptitiously counterfeited for your entertainment.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• eyoungren
          Reply to Hi from Phoenix!
          eyoungren
          Well, thanks! I appreciate that. I try to help and I try to learn. It looks like there are several people here I can learn from so right now I'm enjoying myself....
          Today, 03:19 PM
        • Possumgal
          Reply to Hi from Phoenix!
          Possumgal
          Hi, eyoungren. I've seen you on other forums for years, and I know you'll be a great addition to this one. You always give really useful and knowledgeable advice.
          Today, 02:14 PM
        • Obsidian86
          Reply to How to change the size of this slogan on Wordpress?
          Obsidian86
          You can edit the template CSS on line 944

.site-description {
          position: absolute;
          bottom: 24px;
          left: 145px;
          margin: 0;
          padding: 0;
          Today, 11:04 AM
        • B
          Comment on Need help creating a template
          B
          We use InCopy at work on several recurring publication projects. It does a good job of separating out the complexity of InDesign from the simple word processing functionality needed by copy editors. It...
          Today, 09:55 AM
        • HotButton
          Reply to InDesign file frozen!
          HotButton
          Adding to PrintDriver's list...

4. I don't remember if Preflight is active by default, but if it's running with a file that large open, it's repeatedly "checking" the whole thing,...
          Today, 09:28 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X