Box design and 3D renders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box design and 3D renders

Hi, I create boxes for my partners crafting endeavours, this is a hobby and not related to manufacturing. I use illustrator to create the cut lines and fold lines then import into an app called "Make The Cut" (MTC) for cutting out. This app can import various files types such as AI, PDF, EPS, SVG and a few others. Most of the boxes I create for her are simple square or rectangular designs with the odd embellishments here and there.

I would like to create more complex boxes and be able to render these in 3D to iron out any glaring errors and to see if they can be improved. I do have a small app called Origami that can use to render a 3D representation of the box part and show folds and cut lines but it is very rudimentary and I find it frustrating to use and that is why I am looking down this path for my design work.

So, to summarise...
    Option 1: I would like to be able to create layouts in Illustrator and be able to import the Illustrator file into the 3D app and be able to manipulate it to create the box in 3D
    Option 2: Create the box in a 3D app and fold it out and export it in one of the various files mentioned above for import into MTC or Illustrator.

Option 2 is my preferred method

Regards Lee

Hi Chubby Ninja and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• natalya.jpg
      Reply to What do you think of my website?
      natalya.jpg
      Thank you very much!
      Today, 01:16 AM
    • B
      B
      The website is simple, but nice. I'm also amazed by Anna Savina. She's so young, yet so talented.

I agree with Risen28 that the large images could be compressed more to make them load faster...
      Today, 01:11 AM
    • natalya.jpg
      natalya.jpg
      Hello Risen Thank you very much for your help! Could you give me some example for it? I'm not sure I understand how it looks.

4) IF you are going to have so many videos on your site ,...
      Yesterday, 11:30 PM
    • kleino
      seeking print services -- I am a reseller
      kleino
      Looking for a recommendation:
      seeking this solution:
      1. printer or 3rd party supplies well-designed portal for my customers to order booklets
      2. the customer uploads a pdf ready to print
      3. printer
      Yesterday, 10:43 PM
    • B
      Reply to Heatmap help
      B
      This is just off the top of my head — I haven't tried it, but...

If you stack and align all 15 of them perfectly, you might be able to accomplish what you want by doing what I suggested...
      Yesterday, 07:59 PM
    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X