Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has someone ever told you how to do your own sketchbook?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has someone ever told you how to do your own sketchbook?

My lecturer/tutor keeps telling me how to do my sketchbook. It's not the usual "maybe you could add this this or this" but more along the lines of criticising my creative process and the size of my sketchbook as well. I can take constructive criticism but some how I feel like that isn't it. Is it normal for my tutor to do that or is it just rude?
    -- I'm aware I am lazy and have a lot of room to grow --

Hi _kay10 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Can you give an example? most people don't actually see my sketchbook, so there isn't an opportunity for them to tell me how to sketchbook
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

All my teachers ever cared about was that we were using it. They would view it on occasion in a pass/fail mode.
        Depends on what you want to lug around with you. Or if you have one of them new-fangled draw-on-my-screen surface thingies, it might not even be a book.
        As the old axiom goes; ''Size does not matter, it's all about how you use it.''

If on the other hand, if the tutor is pointing out any examples for you to explore further, that is fair game.
        Last edited by PrintDriver; 02-06-2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• eyoungren
          Reply to Hi from Phoenix!
          eyoungren
          Well, thanks! I appreciate that. I try to help and I try to learn. It looks like there are several people here I can learn from so right now I'm enjoying myself....
          Today, 03:19 PM
        • Possumgal
          Reply to Hi from Phoenix!
          Possumgal
          Hi, eyoungren. I've seen you on other forums for years, and I know you'll be a great addition to this one. You always give really useful and knowledgeable advice.
          Today, 02:14 PM
        • Obsidian86
          Reply to How to change the size of this slogan on Wordpress?
          Obsidian86
          You can edit the template CSS on line 944

.site-description {
          position: absolute;
          bottom: 24px;
          left: 145px;
          margin: 0;
          padding: 0;
          Today, 11:04 AM
        • B
          Comment on Need help creating a template
          B
          We use InCopy at work on several recurring publication projects. It does a good job of separating out the complexity of InDesign from the simple word processing functionality needed by copy editors. It...
          Today, 09:55 AM
        • HotButton
          Reply to InDesign file frozen!
          HotButton
          Adding to PrintDriver's list...

4. I don't remember if Preflight is active by default, but if it's running with a file that large open, it's repeatedly "checking" the whole thing,...
          Today, 09:28 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X