ASE files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASE files

Hi everyone. I'm not having much luck finding an answer to this question so I'm hoping one of you ran into the same problem and can help me out.

I wanted to save my company colors to a palette all on its own so I don't have to type in the CMYK values every single time. So I did that and saved it as an Adobe Stock Exchange (ASE) file so I can import it into InDesign as well. Using this new palette, when I assign something a CMYK color in Illustrator, the color is ALWAYS off. Not by much, but they need to be spot on. This only occurs when I assign something a CMYK value in Illustrator. The PMS color and RGB values are correct and InDesign seems to be fine. It's only CMYK in Illustrator.

Anyone had this problem?

Is your color space in Illustrator set to CMYK (needs to be checked on doc creation, before you start designing in color mode under Advanced top or under File > Document color mode.
    You shouldn't change that setting after you start.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
      Is your color space in Illustrator set to CMYK (needs to be checked on doc creation, before you start designing in color mode under Advanced top or under File > Document color mode.
      You shouldn't change that setting after you start.
      Yep! Color mode is in CMYK.

Comment

Are you on Creative Cloud? If so, just use the shared libraries. You can store your colors, character styles, paragraph styles, graphics, logos and what not. That's what I do.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by frutiger View Post
          Using this new palette, when I assign something a CMYK color in Illustrator, the color is ALWAYS off.
          "Off" compared to what? Are you saying they look off, or do you mean the actual CMYK values are different than you assigned when you originally saved them?

Coming to you from sunny America, where freedom, solvency, and now the presidency,
          are all unsurreptitiously counterfeited for your entertainment.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• HotButton
            Reply to Why do designers use twitter?
            HotButton
            I generally avoid the popular, so-called social media platforms altogether, especially for anything business related. I suspect anyone posting their graphic design work is doing so in search of validation,...
            Today, 12:56 PM
          • murofwoh
            Reply to My first thread design
            murofwoh
            ok, well there were SO many typos and things wrong I was worried you were trollling us.
            my critique:
            okay, fix all the typos

get sanpster to change their name to snapster. because...
            Today, 12:29 PM
          • calebninja
            calebninja
            Designers use it to brand themselves. Like most have said it's just another marketing tool....
            Today, 12:04 PM
          • KitchWitch
            KitchWitch
            Hi Pers0n and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
            Today, 11:59 AM
          • KitchWitch
            Reply to Does anyone know how to achieve this effect in Photoshop?
            KitchWitch
            Hi Jack and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
            Today, 11:56 AM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X