Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an idea of how these logos where made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an idea of how these logos where made?

I have no idea how someone made these logos look the way they are. the actual team logos are below also seen below. I can't find anything that explains how this effect is applied to various logos or how to achieve this desired 3D effect. Could someone please shed some light on how this might be done? Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/Cgy4y
    Last edited by PanToshi; 02-12-2017, 06:23 PM. Reason: fix link

The original logos were brought into photoshop, beveled embossed and have lighting effects applied to them.
    Or they were done in an actual 3D program extruded, beveled and had metal effects applied.

You see this a lot on newscasts and with pro sport teams. I've seen the actual files that make these. Most times some kind of photoshop export and usually at very low resolution (TV is very forgiving.) On occasion they are actually vector SVG files with all those effects applied as gradients (though again I suspect they are done from wireframes in a 3D program because most come from animated logo effects.)

Comment

I was wanting to try something like that effect for a personal project. Now I'll at least have a general basis to start at. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• HotButton
        Reply to Why do designers use twitter?
        HotButton
        I generally avoid the popular, so-called social media platforms altogether, especially for anything business related. I suspect anyone posting their graphic design work is doing so in search of validation,...
        Today, 12:56 PM
      • murofwoh
        Reply to My first thread design
        murofwoh
        ok, well there were SO many typos and things wrong I was worried you were trollling us.
        my critique:
        okay, fix all the typos

get sanpster to change their name to snapster. because...
        Today, 12:29 PM
      • calebninja
        calebninja
        Designers use it to brand themselves. Like most have said it's just another marketing tool....
        Today, 12:04 PM
      • KitchWitch
        KitchWitch
        Hi Pers0n and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 11:59 AM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Does anyone know how to achieve this effect in Photoshop?
        KitchWitch
        Hi Jack and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
        Today, 11:56 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X