Unable to ungroup .jpg file after tracing image on illustrator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to ungroup .jpg file after tracing image on illustrator

Hi, I have never used illustrator before, so to be honest, have no idea what I'm doing.
    What I would like to do is have an image that I am able to upload (example in the picture, will most likely be maps with delineations on it),
    and be able to ungroup the image so I could move individual parts around. After some research, I believe I have to do image tracing, and then ungroup.
    However, after Image Tracing, I am not able to ungroup, could anyone help me on how I could get this done?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated!
    (Clearly) a newbie
    Attached Files

Not knowing exactly what you mean by Image Tracing...

Try selecting everything then go to Object > Expand (or Expand Appearance, whichever is available.)
    After you do that, try ungrouping.
    If that doesn't work, select everything then go to Object > Compound Path > Release. Then try ungrouping.

Comment

Hi PrintDriver,

There's an option saying Trace Image, which is what I meant, don't know if that clears it up.

Regardless, Object> Image Trace> Make and Expand (I couldnt find Object > Expand) worked for me!
      Thank you very much!

Comment

After the Image trace is complete you must go into 'Object' - 'Image trace' - and select 'Expand'. This will break the piece down into anchor point and curves, then you can ungroup, make changes, etc.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X