Requesting Color Recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Color Recommendation

I am designing a website and creating a custom-made banner that I will incorporate into the website.

I am struggling to deliberate which hue looks professional, yet aesthetically pleasing.
    Which accent color is most flattering?
    Attached Files
    Which color is the most suitable?
    0%
    Burgundy
    100.00%
    Periwinkle
    0%
    Other (Please Specify)
    0%

Hi Rfrydryck and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

It's impossible to evaluate the effectiveness or "correctness" of your color choice simply based on a collection of shapes and background without any context, messaging, etc.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

• rfrydryck
        rfrydryck commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your input! I was attempting to make it ambiguous because it is simply a digital portfolio background for a banner. I will place it on my website to incorporate consistency on each page. I was not sure which color would be more suitable for branding.

When taken completely out of context, the color selection is a personal choice.
      No idea what the website is about, what the corporate colors might be, whatever.

I vote for Pie.

Comment

• rfrydryck
        rfrydryck commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi PrintDriver! Thank you for your feedback! I was attempting to make the banner blank because the design is incorporated to brand myself on the page. I simply wanted confirmation that either of the colors are professional and appealing.

Burgundy is always correct. ALLthe time.

Comment

• rfrydryck
        rfrydryck commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your opinion! It is genuinely appreciated! I like how burgundy is a unisex color.

Choose a color that will have the desired effect upon your target audience. Without knowing the target audience or the desired effect, one could only guess.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

• rfrydryck
        rfrydryck commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, HotButton! I was not sure who my target audience is just quite yet because I just graduated college and am trying to entice various companies to review my digital portfolio on a custom-made website.

I just graduated college and am trying to entice various companies to review my digital portfolio on a custom-made website.
      A freshly graduated student is going to have more issues than banner color when it come to enticing ''various companies'' to review their portfolio.

Comment

• rfrydryck
        rfrydryck commented
        Editing a comment
        PrintDriver, what do you think would be the greatest hurdle and how would you recommend a recently graduated designer should market him- or herself to attain employment?

Why not ask for feedback on the whole site? It would be like asking someone what they think or a door know when you're designing a house. It might be a really nice door knob and I might like it as a separate door knob, but it might not work with the aesthetics of the larger house.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

• rfrydryck
        rfrydryck commented
        Editing a comment
        Craig, I was currently working on the layout and since the website is under heavy construction at this current stage, I decided to forego design until I decided upon the designated hues. Since color emanates the webpage's vibe, I was intending on basing the site's design on the color palette I decide.

If you are looking for employment as in working for a company, be very careful how you put yourself across in your online portfolio. If you come across as a freelance designer, you may find some places aren't so much hiring someone who can't devote 110% of their time to the company rather than to possible freelance opportunities. I happen to work for a company that doesn't care one bit what you do in your time off, as long as you show up for your day job on time and every day. Bang in too often and you are offered the choice of dropping the freelance or being shown the door.

I realize today it's all about social media and online presence and all that. Just be sure when you promote a visit to your site that you are very clear in your work intent. It used to be you didn't even put a personal logo on a cover letter when applying for an agency or corporate position. That part may be more overlooked these days, but don't just boilerplate your cover letter to both potential employers and potential freelance clients.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X