Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain what these technical words mean ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain what these technical words mean ?

Hello everybody,

I read these technical words when I wanted to submit my logo to a website and I don't understand what they mean :

Please send us :
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]a file with the logo in .ai format (in black&white and in color); options (guidelines) to use the logo on the background of the different color scheme; options to use the logo in advertisement, for souvenirs etc.; proposal of the corporate font, color scheme, style elements.[/COLOR]

I juste created my logo in photoshop, and I can create a .ai file but I don't understand the rest of this sentence. Can someone explain please ? I'm running out of time.

Thank you very much.

Hi Barney and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

They are looking for vector art for the logo, which photoshop does not provide. An .ai file originates in Adobe Illustrator.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Well, it appears they want your logo as an Adobe Illustrator file (AI). They want one version in color and one version in black and white.
      I'm not making too much sense of the rest either. It seems to be rather broken English if you ask me. I'm not sure if they're just informing you of your application options, or what. They don't appear to be asking anything of you.

Comment

It does look like an English translation of perhaps an oriental language, but they're asking for a corporate style guide.

When a brand mark is developed at the professional level, it's not just a graphic; it's a set of graphics for various use-cases, accompanied by a guide to whatever rules apply to execution within those use-cases, e.g., color and font specifications as applicable, minimum distances to other elements, when to use the single color versions, on which background colors it should be reversed, etc.
        I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Originally posted by barneyisborn View Post
          I juste created my logo in photoshop,
          Photoshop is not the correct tool for creating logos.
          Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Yup. Looking for a style guide.
            Your Photoshop logo is not appropriate.

Comment

Tell me this is for a contest site. Please, please, please?

FYI, putting the photoshop logo into Illustrator and saving as an .ai is NOT appropriate either.

Comment

Sounds like they are asking you for a Style Guide. They also want different versions of the logo that will be suitable to various applications, such as dark backgrounds and a monochrome version for black & white use.

Comment

I'm curious.
                  Is this YOUR logo? Or a logo you created for someone else?

Comment

The just of it is they want the Adobe Illustrator file so that they can change whatever they need in the future without having to ask you. Probably to use or sell off.

Comment

• Possumgal
                      Possumgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, they want a vector file so it can be scaled up or down according to use without losing sharpness, whether imprinted on a pen or used in a vehicle wrap. Photoshop art should only be used at the size at which it was created, or close to it.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X