Help with silhouettes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with silhouettes

I'm a hobbyist and I've been creating silhouettes for friends in Photoshop but I'm having trouble creating smooth lines and am wondering if I should be using a different method. I have an entry level wacom pen tablet and use the pen tool to trace silhouettes on the image and then delete the background layer. My lines are jagged. Should I use a different tool or even program? Can I turn the shape into a vector shape so it scales better for printing?
    Attached Files

Hi Lolablitz and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Your're using the wrong tool for the job.
      You should be using a mask layer.
      Here's a written tutorial on how to use a mask to clip around soft and fuzzy things. Same applies for any other thing.
      http://www.dummies.com/software/adob...photoshop-cs6/
      There are Youtube videos if you'd rather play along.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mixlikes
        Reply to ​What is your favorite forum software?
        mixlikes
        Favorite forum software:
        1. phpBB
        2. MyBB
        3. Vanilla Forum
        4. XenForo
        5. Simple Machines Forum
        Today, 03:43 AM
      • Caleson
        Reply to Questions about Business Cards, Self Promotion
        Caleson
        Actually, I was referring to applying for employment. I'm kind of mixed on whether or not it would be a good idea, but I think overall, if the card is pretty creative, it could serve as a memorable token....
        Yesterday, 09:59 PM
      • fredz0003
        Logo critique for my personal blog
        fredz0003
        Hi, I am new to this forum. A bit about myself I am a programmer, and trying to build a professional looking blog. I've done web dev before, but I've never considered myself the artistic type. I followed...
        Yesterday, 04:57 PM
      • B
        Reply to Any Tech Geeks please help me?!
        B
        Of the options you mentioned, upgrading the RAM will make the most difference for the cost. Eight megabytes of RAM is almost a bare minimum when working with Adobe's graphics applications -- 16 is even...
        Yesterday, 04:56 PM
      • mrturner
        Any Tech Geeks please help me?!
        mrturner
        I am currently doing my graphics design work on my laptop which specs are listed below, It really does struggle to handle software like photoshop and illustrator. Do I, upgrade RAM? An 8GB ram stick for...
        Yesterday, 04:16 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X