X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatmap help

Hello everyone,

I have a few heatmaps generated from a running app, which look like this:

Now, I would like to combine all of these heatmaps into one single heatmap. Any suggestions how to do it? Is there a tool available or does it work with photoshop, etc?

Best,
    Daniel

If by combine, you mean overlay them on top of each other while preserving and combining the red areas of both, yes, Photoshop can easily do it -- at least in this particular instance with these two images. Just bring both into Photoshop on separate layers. Using the drop-down options in the layers palette, set the top layer from "Normal" to "Lighten."

Comment

Thanks for your answer
      I have about 15 different images, if i just overlay them everything will be red in the end. What I am looking for is one single picture which shows the areas used most (this areas should be in a bright red colour). So if 14 out of 15 pictures had only a red part in the front of the foot and 1 out of 15 had a red part in the back, the final picture should be bright red in the front, and only have a very light red part in the back.

Comment

This is just off the top of my head — I haven't tried it, but...

If you stack and align all 15 of them perfectly, you might be able to accomplish what you want by doing what I suggested above to each layer, while simultaneously setting the opacity (transparency) of each layer to, say, 6 or 7 percent (you'd likely need to experiment with the numbers). This would enable the red areas that were used most to combine into bright red, while relegating the lesser-used red areas to relevant multiples of that 6 or 7 percent.

Comment

Hi H!ghC and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X