Salon Logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salon Logo

Hi there I'm very new to photoshop but I"m trying to create a logo for my friend's new salon she is opening. The concept is to take a basic comb that would slowly morph into a flowing river with pine trees similar to my sketch attached. I've purchased some stuff from DesignCuts and I have a hand drawn comb and then some stock photography that I thought I could pull some trees/river water from but I have been researching and youtubing all day and can NOT figure out how to morph this comb into an actual stock photograph. Maybe there is a better way to do it but I'm stuck. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

It's not a bad concept. I'd like to see it vectorized. It took me a bit to figured out why there were trees incorporated into the logo, Then I realized the comb transitions into a river in support of the company name. Of course, a refined vector logo with color should alleviate the confusion.

If this is a class project, I think you're more than fine with the concept idea. However, if this is an actual client (and they didnt request the trees and river) you may find yourself re-designing this from scratch. If your friend told you head in this direction, once again you should be fine.

Lastly DO NOT use photoshop for logo design. Or layout work. Or anything that is not primarily photo editing. This entire logo can easily be vectorized. I understand you wanted to use stock photos to complete the project. Its not going to look right if you have a vector comb and photos of trees and a river. They will clash. Whatever direction you choose, do whatever portion of the job MUST be done in photoshop, and then complete the piece in Adobe Illustrator.

Comment

Do your friend a favor.
      Don't.
      All discussion of image resolution aside, [just about] anything involving a raster image is NOT a logo and you do your friend a disservice trying to do this combination. Especially when they attempt to put that ''logo'' on their shop sign or window.

There are exceptions to that, but very few and far between.

Comment

I have a small observation that can help you a lot of. Logos always must be designed with vector based software, because if you want to put the logo in business card you can scale it down without lose resolution, and if you want to put the logo in an "out door advertising " you can do it without losing resolution and logo details. because the logo it designed with vector based software. if you design your logo with Photoshop that is pixel ased software you can't change logo size without losing resolution, and it's a grave problem.
        thank you
        Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/MohamedMellouky

Comment

I'll mention too that most stock image EULA's usually forbid use in logos. Might want to check your stock image license before proceeding.

Comment

Hi Newbie and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Hello Forum and yeah MohamedMellouky and some other forum members are totally right and you should start from there. LEARN A VECTOR BASED software. The most common mistake is to start making a logo in Photoshop. Now about your concept (the sketch). I really want to see this vectorized but im not sure its the best direction for a salon logo.
              Less is always more.
              www.f5designstudio.com

Comment

Hi F5designstudio and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I like the concept of your Logo, This is because the comb has the trees on it (symbolizing the edge of the river. I think it is a great idea, I would like to see that created in illustrator or indesign and be able to see the color! overall I love the idea, works well with your concept

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X