How i can do this effect in my photo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How i can do this effect in my photo?

Hi i'm a designer and i want to know how i can do this effect in my photo. I have the real photo. Anyone know how realize this effects?
    Attached Files

I'm quite sure it's the result of a commercial Photoshop filter plus a little tweaking here and there. It seems I used to have a filter that would produce something very similar to what you posted, but I don't seem to have it loaded here at home.

It's possible to get something like it in other ways. The following, for example, isn't exactly the same thing, and it's nothing special. Then again, I spent all of five minutes on it. With a little more work and experimentation using various other Photoshop tools, more could have been done.

For what it's worth, I just pasted a relatively low-resolution image from Photoshop into Illustrator. Performed a low-fidelity image trace, which converted it into a vector file with reduced details and colors. Then I moved it back into Photoshop and duplicated the same image on a couple of layers. On the top layer, I used Photoshop 6's Stylize > Trace Contours filter, then reduced the saturation of that layer to zero. Then I choose the multiply feature for that layer and set its opacity to 33%, which let the layer below show through and added the subtle lines defining the edges of all the shapes.

Comment

LOL. I would have just opened the pic in Photoshop and ran it through Poster Edges.

Obviously you cared more than I did!
      Erik Youngren Pueblo Publishers, Composing Manager
      2.8Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5

Comment

Originally posted by eyoungren View Post
        Obviously you cared more than I did!
        No, I just forgot about the Poster Edge filter. That's definitely a better way to go about it, and it saved time. Using that filter, it only took about a minute.

I typically seem to do everything the hard way.

Last edited by B; 08-12-2017, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Yes.Using Poster Edge filter in photoshop is great idea

Comment

Hi Biagio96 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X