Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know how to generate this kind of graphic / data?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know how to generate this kind of graphic / data?

Hey,

Does anybody know how to generate this kind of data? I'm attaching a picture. I need to make several of these and I obviously I want the bar correct. I've looked and looked but I think the problem is I'm not really sure what to look for. Has anybody come across anything? The way I'm doing it now is sort of ghetto. First, I make a pie chart in Keynote, enter the data, then overlay a small circle over the center of the shape. Then... I take it into illustrator and create the vector. It gets the job done but I imagine there's an easier way.

Thanks in advance.

nv

Hi novakane and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Already read those important links and have no problem following the site rules

Comment

I would personally probably just code it with SVG. Then you can animate it too .

Comment

Hi RMo and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by RMo View Post
            I would personally probably just code it with SVG. Then you can animate it too .
            This is a good suggestion. Going to look into how to do this tonight.

Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by novakane View Post
              Does anybody know how to generate this kind of data?
              Are you familiar with Illustrator's graph tool? There's really no need to head into Keynote when what you need is already in Illustrator. Here's a link to a couple of videos to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_vENVmUluM and ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xhx6qpXG0

Comment

Originally posted by B View Post

Are you familiar with Illustrator's graph tool? There's really no need to head into Keynote when what you need is already in Illustrator. Here's a link to a couple of videos to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_vENVmUluM and ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xhx6qpXG0

Uhhh - this is exactly what I'm looking for. NICE! I've never used that tool before. Thank you so much for this. The amount of time you're saving me... Damnnnnnn...

Comment

The graph tool is a bit quirky, and it's a collection of capabilities that few people notice or need. Adobe hasn't changed or improved it much over the years.

I used to build infographics for a newspaper back in the late '80s. The main program used for this kind of thing was either MacDraw or Aldus Freehand. Oddly enough, Adobe Illustrator was a minor player until they added the graph tool. For newspaper, it was a total game changer that made Freehand and, especially, MacDraw obsolete.

The tool and its interface really are odd fits within Illustrator, being something of a spreadsheet-presentation hybrid that's decidedly unlike anything else in Illustrator. It was probably Adobe's first foray into bloating out Illustrator to meet the needs of a niche audience, but for those building infographics, it's an essential tool.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X