Best Monitor to Use with MacBookPro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Monitor to Use with MacBookPro

Hi! I am new here...and I have already read the new member posts :-) I tried searching for an answer but all it took me to was a google search. Anyway. I am thinking about buying a new MacBookPro with a large monitor for desktop work instead of an iMac. Anyone have any recommendations for a monitor that would rival an iMac monitor? Or should I just stick with the iMac. I love the glossy screens, fyi! Thanks in advance!

I used to use dual monitors - on being my iMac screen. I loved my iMac screen and speakers - but keeping track of everything was getting too confusing with two machines. And yes, I used external storage but sometimes I forgot stuff. I switched back to my MacBook Pro and use a rain stand, wireless mouse and keyboard and a 34 ultrawide, cuvred Dell Monitor. My MacBook serves as the second screen but usually only displays my email and music. Look below for my setup. If you have the money, I'd say this monitor is a great choice.

Here is a link to the monitor.
    https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSha.../dp/B00PXYRMPE

Comment

Dell up2715k will pretty good choice for you. the ultra 5k HD monitor will give you nice viewing experience.but if you compare with imac then imac is better.

Comment

What about not macbook, my laptop has VGA and HDMI outputs. If I connect high end IPS monitor with VGA cable will it bottleneck picture quality?

Comment

Hi Wop and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

keeping track of everything was getting too confusing with two machines.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
              Reply to Work from UK for an US company
              PrintDriver
              Then you would be a business operating in the UK subject to all the laws and taxes of being a business in the UK.
              Definitely cover your bases....
              Today, 09:41 AM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to The right typography
              PrintDriver
              My guess is a translation issue.
              Body copy maybe?

The typography is design dependent. If you are designing a magazine for children, the typefaces used are going to be different from...
              Today, 09:37 AM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to The right typography
              KitchWitch
              Hi Maarten and welcome to GDF.

What is bread text?

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside...
              Today, 08:49 AM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to Hello Guys
              KitchWitch
              Hi Torieyang and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 08:46 AM
            • Maarten
              The right typography
              Maarten
              Hi guys!

I'm a designer student from the Netherlands and this semester we are creating an offline magazine so that means that we need to print it.
              Well the question is, I find it really...
              Today, 07:38 AM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X