Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio Site Suggestions

Hi!

So I am long overdue for a portfolio site revamp and wanted to look to fellow designers for suggestions and opinions. My current portfolio, which is quite outdated, can be seen at the link attached. Here is my current predicament:

The past two companies I have worked with are in the entertainment and pharmaceutical industries, so a no disclosure agreement is obviously a must with them. I have some great sites I have done in the past couple years, but I have to go about it so that they're not openly on the internet. This has led me to two possible options: either password protect my site and include samples of my work, or have a simple site listing clients, CV, and a contact request form for work samples.

Currently I am leaning toward the simple site that doesn't showcase my work but allows guests to request it, however I realize this has its pros and cons. My biggest concern is that freelancers and companies may be turned off by not automatically seeing my work directly when visiting my site (although I would connect to dribble and behance).

What are your thoughts on this? Is there a style which you prefer? Do you think not having work showcased upfront will have a negative impact? Any suggestions or examples would be highly appreciated and also feel free to critique my current website, I'm aware its outdated.

Thanks!!!

Hi Sara and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X