Need a few tips on how to recreate...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a few tips on how to recreate...

There's something about the noisey, smooth oddly shaped flow of hues and colors, the ways a lot Japanese graphic designers make stuff blend I can't wrap my head around. It's not so much the choice of colors but rather how the shapes blend into one another and the way this washed noise is kinda making everything swiftly meld together. Anyone have tips on how I could produced these types of hue shapes / blends and effects? Thanks for letting me know!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8219680858e11dd9c2cd3add97d70e44--mitsuo-katsui-japanese-typography.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	21497 Click image for larger version

Name:	44087b5b0306f89a85e0bec2013be996.jpg
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	21496 Click image for larger version

Name:	d0bf86b3eb52c74f1e148a8bba8e2f6f--cd-design-design-color.jpg
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	21492

I often find that noise is added to things in order to disguise other things.
    In this instance, it's hiding harsh edges and gradient banding. In fact, noise is what we add to files to get some colors to print without banding on large prints.

As for how this stuff is created, no clue. Photoshop art is not a strong point of mine. Someone will be along later, I'm sure.

Comment

Hi User and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I don't think you'll find any step-by-step instructions for this sort of thing. I'm reasonably sure it's just a matter of using the various tools in Photoshop. Some of it might have involved a collage approach that might even have used heavily manipulated imagery, like photos of the night sky.

I have a couple of Japanese design books that are, maybe, 30 years old. There's definitely a non-western, Japanese look to the work. I've always found it fascinating too. The artwork in the books I have appears to have used lots of airbrushing, but I suspect that's more recently most given way to Photoshop.

Comment

I'm not sure if that #D just incase that 3d this instruction labels might help. Take photos. Take images for 3D viewing by taking one image and then moving 3-4" to the left or right and taking another one. If your pictures are digital, just open them up in the software. If your pictures are hard copies, transfer them to a computer using a scanner, or drop them off at a photo developing store and ask for digital files (any file type will work). After downloading the images into your computer, you will probably want to rename them to more easily recognize them when bringing them into Photoshop. Develop a naming scheme for your workflow, and stick with it. For example, left camera eye image file names could contain the letter "L", and right eye image file names could similarly carry an "R". Get a 3D viewer. As you're going along, you'll want to be able to see the images in 3D to see how they're coming along. You can buy or make 3D glasses. Create Photoshop Actions. Create template files or Photoshop actions that you can use over and over whenever you want to create a new 3D image. This will make the process more efficient. Since pictures can vary so much, however, you'll have to be careful and each one will likely require individual editing. >Open both images in Photoshop. Open the left and right image pair. > Copy the right image into the left image. The right image should be in a separate layer (happens automatically). > Open the Layer Style menu. Double click the right image layer (by default, will be labeled "Layer 1"). > Uncheck the "R" channel. This option is generally below the Fill Opacity slider. > Click OK. > Move the background. Select the background layer and then, using the Pointer tool, move the background image to align the focal point in both pictures. Wearing your glasses or using the "Multiply" layer style can help line up the focal points. > Crop the image. Crop the image as necessary. > Save. Save your image and you can use it for whatever you want. > Open both images in Photoshop. Once the left and right eye pictures are open, convert them both to grayscale by clicking on the 'Image' menu bar and selecting 'mode' then 'grayscale'. > Assign the side. Assign the left eye image red, green and blue channels by going back to the 'Image' menu bar and selecting 'mode' then 'RGB'(the image will still appear gray). Do not repeat this step for the right eye image. > Highlight the blue and green channels. Press the shift key to highlight both at the same time. An alternative to this step is to use only the blue channel instead of the blue and green when pasting into the left eye image. Important: only the blue and green channels should be shaded blue. At this stage it doesn't matter which boxes to the left of the channels show eyeballs (eyeballs indicate which channels are displayed).

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X