Newbie Help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Help Needed

Hi all forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum, Ok a friend of mine emigrated and has given me his heat press and pixmax 721 cutter (both work fine) i have set it up on my PC with the drivers but unfortunatly the software was on his laptop, as a newbie i have looked online at software(dont mind paying), but as a newbie what software is very easy to use i have had a look at signcut pro and vinyl master cut and also he told me to look on eb@y for signcut pro, but being a newbie i downloaded signcut pro as i have corwel draw all ready on PC but when i opened a logo ui have for rugby on my pc in corel and saved it as a svg signcut wouldnt open this so can anyone help with whats the easiest software to use, I klook forward to your replys and many thanks for your help
    Regards Chris

My Apoligies its corel photo i have. so would vinylmaster cut basic be a good start software to by at 45 regards chris

Comment

Sounds like you have SignCut installed?
      Sign software only cuts vectors. Not raster photo images.

The two most common signsofts here in the US are FlexiSign and SignLab. If you know Illustrator any signware should be easy. These two are a dream to use (they both do things Illustrator should be able to do but can't.)

Some machines have drivers that will output directly from CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator using plug-ins. That can be hit or miss depending on how quickly they update the drivers for OS and program updates. If this is a production environment, best not to update anything until you know the drivers exist. Other machines require a go-between. Checking online, looks like this one does.

Comment

Hi many thanks for your reply i downloaded the trial of vinylmaster cut basic and i can get the cutter to print out their demo logo
        so would vinylmaster basic be about the best to get me up and running
        Regards chris

Comment

Never heard of it.
          If the demo will cut one of your own files and it works for you, then it works.
          The question is, do you have CorelDraw or some other program that will create vector files that this Vinylmaster software can import?

Comment

Ok bit of progress, i did a name and a dove in inkscape, and got it to cut with no problems, no i dont have corel but i do have photoshop cs6 and elements 11 if they any good
            Regards chris

Comment

I will say it again,
              Signwares ONLY CUT VECTOR ART.

Photoshop and Elements and Corel Photo are no good.
              Inkscape, Illustrator and CorelDraw work as long as you keep the cut elements vector.

Sign programs will literally and simple-mindedly follow any vector path you give them. Even ones hidden under other objects. The bane of my existence is designers that insist on covering art they don't want to see with white boxes. Not only will the sign program cut whatever is hidden under the white box, it will also cut the white box for good measure. That is why there is always a set-up charge.
              Last edited by PrintDriver; 10-11-2017, 07:09 AM.

Comment

hmnn thats interesting

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X