Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The right logo color for a video production company!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right logo color for a video production company!

Hello,

I'm working on a logo for a video production company. They're okay with the symbol and typo I've made. And now it's time to pick a color palette, hence my concern!

According to the CEO, the "values" of the company are: Creativity, Innovation, Positivity, Sophistication, and Perfection. And he's looking for something vintage.
    First of all, I suggested to keep the logo simply in black and white, just like some Hollywood's old companies. But they weren't excited about it, and they don't want a black and white corporate identity...
    The best idea I've for now is Blue peacock (teal as main color) with Yellow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue & Yellow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	898 Bytes
ID:	21533

What do you think about it? And do you have any suggestions (except Red and Black)?

Thank you very much!

Hi Megalopol and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Is the logo the two-color bar you've shown?
      What are the two Pantone callouts for those colors as they aren't really Teal and Yellow.
      Without seeing them in use, it is sort of hard to tell if the two colors are going to work together or if they are going to visually clash into a nausea-inducing mess.
      In what way is teal and yellow equal to perfection? Perfection would be more like Teal and Orange (opposites on the color wheel) but teal and orange pretty much says Pharmaceutical these days.

Comment

I would suggest looking more into the combination between blue/turquoise and white. It gives the vibes of the values you mentioned above. At least I see it like that when I read the description.

Comment

I'm guessing the two-color rectangle isn't the logo, so all you seem to be asking is whether the colors work, right?
          The clients are, from what you've written, fussy about colors (meaning they have their own ideas about what works and doesn't). You also mentioned they wanted two seemingly mutually exclusive things: vintage and innovation. The colors you've come up with don't have the emotional quality associated with high-tech, and, I suppose, they have a vintage look to them, of sorts. It makes it even more difficult without seeing how you've used those colors.

In other words, there's really no way to answer your question. It sounds like it pretty much comes down to whether or not your clients like the colors, which is nothing more than guesswork. Why don't you just color the logo several different ways and let them choose which colors they like?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
            Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
            PrintDriver
            Happy Thanksgiving to all!
            Just waiting for dinner to finish cooking. We are eating fashionably late this year. Mainly because the bird was larger than expected, but that 's ok.
            Lots of hooverdoovers...
            Today, 04:17 PM
          • PanToshi
            PanToshi
            Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, 01:20 PM
          • B
            B
            Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even to those of you outside the U.S.)!

As for turkey, I worked a summer job in a Norbest butter ball turkey processing plant before college, and haven't touched...
            Today, 12:57 PM
          • Arka-Software
            Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
            Arka-Software
            There are many software in the market which are using for vector pattern are:- 1) Inkscape 2) Xara Xtreme 3) Skencil 4) Scribus 5) VRR 6) CoceptDrow PRO 7) ZeusDraw 8) MagicTracer 9) Nodebox 10) Tgif
            Today, 12:46 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
            PrintDriver
            You want a program that is used to dealing with vector axis data. Photoshop would probably be inappropriate.

The only way I can think to do this is to have a script written for Illustrator...
            Today, 09:10 AM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X