What makes this ad. design awesome?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes this ad. design awesome?

This is not my work (I'm not a designer but I need ad. design in my marketing). What would you call the design of this ad? How would you describe it? What should I tell the graphics designers I hire if I wanted a design like this for my psychotherapy practice?
    Attached Files

You're seemingly seeing something in the ads that I'm missing. I think they're OK, but not all that compelling.

If you like them, just show them to the graphic designer you hire and tell him or her that you like them. I always appreciate it when clients show me examples of what they're thinking about. When that doesn't happen, it sort of leaves me guessing sometimes.

I'm not saying it's OK to copy the look and feel of an ad -- it's definitely not OK. Even so, a few examples of what the client is looking for can help in coming up with an idea or, at the very least, serving notice to the designer of what the client doesn't like.

Comment

Thank you ! Please show me some ad. designs that you personally think are awesome. I'm curious..

Comment

Awesome is whether or not the ads get the result the ads are intended to achieve. What might be awesome for one purpose could easily miss the mark for the next. The aesthetic part of the design, which I suspect is what you're liking, plays a part, of course, but it's main role is evoking the desired response from the target audience.

Comment

• gilbertonia
          gilbertonia commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right. I liked the design concept itself (how it grabbed my attention). I know getting attention is just a start but that much it did.

As a psychotherapist, do you think the rather cold, medical look of the ads you liked would resonate with your prospective clients? Or would a softer approach that stressed competency, understanding and achievable results work better? I suppose that depends on the nature of your practice, but my guess is that most people, if given the choice, would gravitate toward something a bit more comforting than clinical.
        Last edited by B; 10-23-2017, 11:37 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by B View Post
          As a psychotherapist, do you think the rather cold, medical look of the ads you liked, would resonate with your prospective clients? Or would a softer approach that stressed competency, understanding and achievable results work better? I suppose that depends on the nature of your practice, but my guess is that most people, if given the choice, would gravitate toward something a bit more comforting than clinical.
          It is not perfect in any way. It did grab my attention though and got the message across (the importance of having all the medical information in a hospital in one place (database). The design concept got the message across.

Comment

Heh, I remember that project.
            Though this one: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...tch?id=1646522
            I know first aid, I was an eagle scout and stuff, I don't know what the hell all that all is. Tape scissors and....foam backed tape?

My project poster was some idiocy about fish pets and cyanide.

Comment

• PrintDriver
              PrintDriver commented
              Editing a comment
              I think those are patient bracelets maybe?

The copy is very very poorly written (or a very bad translation.)
            I wouldn't buy it.

The message is relying on a gag (a visual joke.)
            Is that how you want your psych services to come across to your viewers?

Comment

Hi Gilbertonia and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                The copy is very very poorly written (or a very bad translation.)
                I wouldn't buy it.

The message is relying on a gag (a visual joke.)
                Is that how you want your psych services to come across to your viewers?

I see that you don't think this ad is the best. Would you mind showing me examples of some ads that you think of as awesome? I'm new to ad design as well as graphic design and that's why I'm asking you guys for your opinions. I'm a newbie.
                Last edited by gilbertonia; 10-23-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I am new to this as well but judging like a potential customer I don`t think it is catchy at all. I mean I get the idea and I like it but I think there is a mistake in the text, at least it doesn`t look that it`s written properly. Also, it is a bit sterile and cold. I think you can get the message across with something more graphic that leaves a positive feeling when you see it. Once again, I am not an expert, just wanted to give a simple opinion. I hope it can help you with your project!

Comment

As B noted in his 2nd post,
                    Awesome is whether or not the ads get the result the ads are intended to achieve. What might be awesome for one purpose could easily miss the mark for the next.
                    So without doing the research involved in creating an ''awesome'' ad campaign based on your needs, in your particular location, and one that works with your particular clientele, there is no way to display anything that might enlighten you.
                    Here are some interesting reads on marketing psych services. Most of these are USA-centric. Your mileage may vary.
                    https://www.google.com/search?q=ads+...utf-8&oe=utf-8
                    Last edited by PrintDriver; 10-23-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                      As B noted in his 2nd post,

So without doing the research involved in creating an ''awesome'' ad campaign based on your needs, in your particular location, and one that works with your particular clientele, there is no way to display anything that might enlighten you.
                      Here are some interesting reads on marketing psych services. Most of these are USA-centric. Your mileage may vary.
                      https://www.google.com/search?q=ads+...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Thank you. Is there a simple questionnaire or guide that I can use to steer me to the best design for my needs? I mean when working with international freelancing ad. designers. and freelancing graphic designers.

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
                        Hi Gilbertonia and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

Thank you. I will make sure to read them soon.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X