Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browsers GUI evolution

Greetings, designers.

What path do you think our browsers will/should evolve and what problems we as designers should acknowledge and try to resolve nowadays?

I'm very curious of your opinions.
    Last edited by KitchWitch; 10-26-2017, 11:47 AM. Reason: removed link to reddit

Hi Doreminiature and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I assume you're referring to web browsers.

I could easily be wrong, but I don't think we'll see all that much in the way of big browser advances. They just need to do what they need to, and they've got that pretty much nailed already. Browsers have finally gotten to the point of supporting most CSS quite well and in displaying largely consistent results from one browser to the next. I suspect we'll see add-on features of various sorts, but I doubt many of those feature will make browsers all that much better -- just a bit more bloated.

Increasingly, web traffic is mobile, and mobile internet traffic is dominated by specialized apps and simplified web pages designed to display in ways that are easily digestible on small displays. Desktop browsers have already largely matured, with downloadable add-ons supplying specialized functionality for those who need them. Until the next big advance occurs in the underlying technology that browsers need to display, I doubt they'll be changing much.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X