Wallpaper Effect Over Text

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallpaper Effect Over Text

I'm an intermediate PS user at best. Can one of the experts here tell me how this is accomplished where the effect is overlayed on top of the text?

Click image for larger version

Name:	gothic-orange-back.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	21571

I believe the text is overlaid on top of a texture. The text is transparent. I was going to say multiplied, but you can't multiply with black.
    If this were done correctly, there would be irregularities to the edges of the letterforms where they go over the ripples.
    If you want to see what this should really look like, print that out on some tissue paper and do a sloppy decoupage on a piece of plastic sheet.

Here's a random example of what these letters would do when going over wrinkles.
    http://www.hometalk.com/7605110/q-ca...-and-mod-podge
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 10-30-2017, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I would do the wrinkles as a layer on top of the text and then apply Multiply / Screen / Hard Light (whichever works best).

There are pics available to download (you might have to pay) like this one ;
      https://goo.gl/images/hzmzb8
      Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

Hi Skor and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

What PD said about irregularities. If you want to really have your text be "affected" by the texture, you'll want to mess with displacement maps.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X