Surface Pad Recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface Pad Recommendations

Hello, I'm 29 years old, and this is the first forum i've entered into(cool story!)
    in short i am a self taught analog artist, and desperate to join the professional ranks.
    to do so i need to enter into the digital age. to be relevant and taken seriously, and eventually after proving myself, make $15/hr. (a living)

when i was 22, i enrolled in San Francisco Academy of the Arts. i was young, naive and extremely gullible. i dropped out after the first semester, after coming to terms with the fact i was in over my head. taking a 3 hour bus (there and back) three times a week. the condensed summer semester ran me $5000. which i never paid back, and after about 5 years the federal government waved/forgave it.
    4 yrs would have easily been $100,000 or more.

now i know i will never enroll into a private art college.

but i'm also hesitant in even getting a graphic design certificate, from a junior college.
    because art supply is ****ing expensive and teachers are always making buy more shit week after week,

but if i did, i would take out a student loan/grant, just to pay for art supply's requested by teacher plus tuition.

yes i want to fast track.

sick of b.s.

i don't want a formal piece of paper that says i'm good artist.
    can i just show up to a graphic design firm without formal art degree/certificate, but with digital compitance/ and a great portfolio, get in the door?

i have an impressive analog portfolio, and if i had 60 hrs or more on Adobe illustrator & photoshop, i would feel confident in my transition. and reliable as an employee(graphic design firm)

and/Or Take business classes, to pursue Free Lance.

the key is my TRANSITION though....

i could use a mouse, and most likey will have to to some extent.

but, want to minimalize mouse use as much as possible.

i've done some research on Surface Pads.....

and the best starter pad/Bang for My Buck is the Huion Kamvas GT-191.

it would the closest to really drawing....

can i run Adobe photoshop/Illustrator on it?

Last edited by KitchWitch; 10-31-2017, 08:28 AM.

While I feel this is an ad for some whatever that PC is you post at the end...

Hopefully a mod will break off your post to a new thread. And this one too.
    60 hours of Photoshop and Illustrator will get you no where. That won't even scratch the surface of the things you need to know about the software.
    Besides, with just PS and AI, no one will hire you.
    An analog portfolio for an illustration artist is fine. For a Graphic Design job? No.
    Surface Pad?
    No.

Comment

Hi Designnerd007 and welcome to GDF.

I moved your post into its own topic. If you'd prefer a different post title, let me know.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Ugh, thought you meant Surface pad as in Microsoft Surface.
        You can use that Huion as an input device instead of a mouse, sure.
        You may need some adapters if you are trying to interface with a newer macbook.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X