Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my first large graphic design project (24" x 36")

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first large graphic design project (24" x 36")

I would like to create a large piece of artwork for my living room. Normally, when I create a graphic I print the draft to make sure I am happy with the design. Printing a 24" x 36" design is really expensive.
    How will I know if the design will print well without spending a ton of money printing a draft?
    Thanks

What are you having it printed on?
    "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Well, for a draft you can print it out as "tiles" and piece it together to see how it looks.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

What Craig said. Print in tiles and tape it together. Costs you 12 pieces of paper, some ink and some tape.

24" x 36" is neither very large nor very expensive. You can have it printed at any quicky printy place like Staples or FedexKinkos on plain paper for a few bucks. You need to pick up the phone though and discuss details if you just want a draft mode print. Online pricing is for quality mode.

Comment

Your proof print doesn't necessarily have to be full size either. Keep the items proportions and maybe try a test print on 12x18 or 13x19. Keep in mind the hardware will be different than the wide format printer used to run the actual piece. But you'll get a general idea of how the piece will look.

And PrintDriver is right, you can find 24x36in posters just about anywhere these days. They're not terribly expensive.

Comment

For a newb, I'd highly suggest tiling at least a section at full scale. Often times, the resolution on the monitor is no indication of what the resolution will be in print at full scale. I make that phone call asking if they really want that jpg printed at 1000% at that resolution at least 3 or 4 times a month.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X