Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an issue with my porfolio? Can't get a call back.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an issue with my porfolio? Can't get a call back.

Hi,

My name is Joshia and I'm new to the GDF as of today. I got laid off in May from my previous job. Since then I've been applying for at least one job a week. That's over 100 jobs with only one reply. It boggles my mind. Maybe my work isn't as good as I thought. It would be nice if some of you could take a look at it and provide any feedback they might see? Thanks, in advance.

http://cargocollective.com/joshiagaume
    Last edited by PanToshi; 11-17-2017, 03:27 PM. Reason: fix link

Did you use a website such as square space and by a .com, .org or some kind of real url for your portfolio? It would help if you did. The layout of your portfolio and design of your portfolio is also very important. I hope this helps.

Comment

There are several things wrong with your "portfolio."
      But the first question I have is, are you contractually prevented from showing your work done with previous employers?
      According to your slim resume, you have been in the industry 20 years but there's not much here to show for it.

The typos in the mock ups alone would get you binned immediately.
      Last edited by PrintDriver; 11-17-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Spot on PD - typos are a "no-no"...

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Hi Joshiag and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Very much appreciated!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X