Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving (to all in the U.S. who celebrate)!

I'm debating eating breakfast or just going to Thanksgiving dinner starving. Probably best to eat breakfast, since my cousin and her girlfriend are cooking the turkey this year. Anyway, to all our members and mods, I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Outside the U.S., I hope you have a wonderful Thursday. Is it no pants Thursday? I think no pants day is international.

And here's the best way to eat your leftovers - taco-style!
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even to those of you outside the U.S.)!

As for turkey, I worked a summer job in a Norbest butter ball turkey processing plant before college, and haven't touched the stuff since. Despite that, I'm looking forward to the rest of the meal at the in-laws this year. They're OK with my eating habits, but showing up without pants would be another story.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
        Just waiting for dinner to finish cooking. We are eating fashionably late this year. Mainly because the bird was larger than expected, but that 's ok.
        Lots of hooverdoovers (kidspeak for hors d'oeuvres.) And wine/hard cider for the adults. The cider I made 4 weeks ago is still cloudy (not settled yet) and we're debating whether to ignore that and go for it anyway. Or just stick with the Magners. Maybe if we put it in an opaque coffee mug?

Gotta go.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	cider.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	21620
        Last edited by PrintDriver; 11-23-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering how your head is this morning if you went for the homebrew. . .

BTW for next time cloudy cider isn't always a sign that it hasn't settled, some apples have more pectin and this can cause it. If that's not it try putting it in the fridge overnight - it will help it to settle.
          Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

Yeah, I've had some mighty fine cloudy cider while over in the UK.

But here, people just aren't used to cider that isn't all bubbly and sickly sweet and clear as light beer. This was pretty still. Will give it a kick when I bottle the other 3 gallons.

My head is fine thanks. The stuff spec-d out at only about 4.8% alcohol. A tad on the tart side too. American apples are not cider apples, I don't care what you say. Gonna be a few years before the two Kingston Black apple trees I planted will have enough fruit. There's a European Medaille out there too for pollination, both late season bloomers, plus 4 bitter sharp crabs.
            A hobby for my retirement. LOL.

How's everyone doing with their turkey coma?
            Pie for breakfast anyone?
            Last edited by PrintDriver; 11-24-2017, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Our dinner went as well as can be expected (with some relative's limited cooking skills) and no drama. My mom was sick, though, snuck up on her in the morning with shakes, muscle aches and a low fever. She's elderly and diabetic, so the family was in a panic. My sister and I were calmly checking her temp and blood sugar and giving her Tylenol (all as good as can be with a fever), but geez you'd think the rest of them were packing for an extended hospital stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Someone made the mistake of deciding to go to Home Depot yesterday. Just needed some parts for a garage project. Be right back. Yeah right...
                Who knew people did Black Friday shopping at Home Depot?!?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
                  Helloooooo!
                  Breanne.C
                  Hey everyone! My name is Breanne. I didn't realize there was an introduction spot until after I tried making my first post to identify a font. Ooopsie!

I'm from the Seattle area, a freelance...
                  Today, 05:31 PM
                • Breanne.C
                  Font ID Please
                  Breanne.C
                  Hey folks! I need help identifying the font in this logo, just the text "Fire Medic." Can anyone help ID it?

Today, 03:56 PM
                • chikisg84
                  Comment on Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
                  chikisg84
                  Thank you so much for your input. What you said about Joomla templates basically dictating the look and feel of the site is basically the reason I've held so long to my current site. I have not found...
                  Today, 03:32 PM
                • Biggs097
                  Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
                  Biggs097
                  Keep in mind the cost of the tooling the dye is a one time cost. The next lot of cards wont include the tooling cost.
                  StudioMonkey is also correct of the cost vs. your volume. 100 cards may run...
                  Today, 02:42 PM
                • B
                  Reply to Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
                  B
                  Joomla is my CMS of choice. For that matter, I'm working on some template modifications for a Joomla site this morning.

For a small personal site, Joomla might be overkill. It's certainly...
                  Today, 02:11 PM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X