Help Designing an Event Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Designing an Event Ad

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting, so go easy, eh? Thanks in advance to anyone who posts help!

I am currently working on designing ads for magazines, and my client wants to include calendar listings front and center as part of the ad.

The current branding is minimalist, photo-centric, and clean. The only thing I'm struggling with right now though is that I hate how our calendars look in the ads. These end up on the inside back covers of some nice magazines, so I want to keep it looking as beautiful as possible. I DON'T want to create strips or break up the photo too much, as we have a lot of photography that pairs well with text laid over top of it.

For reference - The top is the logo of the company, plus name and tagline
    The bottom area is tagline for the ad, with a sub-header and info under that. The XX-XX in the calendar are where I have months and days. The Lorem next to it is the name of the event. I've done my best to communicate to clients that sometimes less is more, but they usually insist on having anywhere from 7-15 events listed, sometimes 3-4 months out. The slightly larger gaps between the events is how I showed there was a month-break in there. It wasn't necessary, but I thought it added some visual clarity to the design.

My question is: How would you design a calendar page like this? So far everything I've tried just looks meh. I want to really amp up my design skills, but I feel really stuck on this one area, which happens to be a common client request. I am open to any and all forms of advice, from full on redesign - to just tweaking my spacing a bit. Thanks again for any help!
    Attached Files

Hi Tyler and welcome to GDF.

I moved your topic to the general section. Unless you're willing to pay someone to help you with this project, your post doesn't need to be in Classifieds. You may also get more feedback if you post an image rather than a PDF. Some of us can't or won't download a PDF from someone we don't know.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X