designing container packaging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• designing container packaging

I am working on my first ever packaging project... and I'm stuck. If I was doing a box, there are flat templates, but I can't find any for plastic containers. How do you account for the curved edges and tapering of size? Any help would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks.

Packaging software will do this for you with max/min dimensions.
    You won't find templates because not all tapered stuff has the same dimensions, let alone the same label placement.

If you are working on a bottle type thing and don't have the software, what we still do for things like windshields would apply. We use tin foil. Lay it on there. Make sure it accurately conforms to the window, then take it off and lay it flat. For a windshield we'd put a measuring stick next to it and photograph it flat (no keystoning.) Then trace it in Illustrator, print a paper template to double check, then go for it.
    For a bottle type thing we'd toss it on the scanner, because we still have one of those, with a scale rule, then trace it in Illustrator, do a paper template to check it, then go for it.

Comment

• inbalnce
      inbalnce commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much PrintDriver. That's a great idea.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X