Semi-flat design - Semi 3d Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-flat design - Semi 3d Design

Hi guys, new to this forum. I've seen a ton of these type of designs lately, just want to know if this a particular program people are using to create them. Seems far too popular for everyone to be doing the hard way in illustrator.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/47810259/2017-Design-Trends-Guide?utm_content=buffer32ccb
    Last edited by kemingMatters; 12-21-2017, 09:07 PM.

Hi sschulman, welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

Are you talking about the screen interfaces themselves? or the templatized presentation of screen views on devices?
      There isn't anything particularly difficult in doing either.

I was more grossed out by the Cinema-whatever graphics next entry down. Those things always look lame.

Comment

Why would doing it in Illustrator be the hard way?
        I'd probably do about 90% of it in Illustrator and then do any of the raster work in Photoshop.
        Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

My apologies guys, I should have been more clear, I simply mean the slanted 3 dimensional screens, not what's on the screens themselves. I guess the term is isometric. Attached is a few more examples. You guys think people are just doing in sketch or illustrator and skewing them? Click image for larger version

Name:	3d-mock-up-with-isometric-perspective_302-2266.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	21693 Click image for larger version

Name:	dribbble2.png
Views:	2
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	21694 Click image for larger version

Name:	isometric-mockup.jpg
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	21695

Comment

Nope. I think they are going to stock template sites and just adding their graphics, either in Photoshop or Illustrator.
            https://www.istockphoto.com/photos/l...true&sort=best

Time is money and those things are a couple dollars on a stock site. Why redo it?
            BTW, it's a really tacky way of displaying things. As adjuncts maybe, but when showing a layout to a client, do it in the flat so they can see what they are getting. Skewing hides all kinds of design mistakes.

The article you linked to is actually about the stuff on the screens.
            Last edited by PrintDriver; 12-22-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

My apologies guys, I should have been more clear, I simply mean the slanted 3 dimensional screens, not what's on the screens themselves. I guess the term is isometric. Attached is a few more examples. You guys think people are just doing in sketch or illustrator and skewing them? Click image for larger version

Name:	dribbble2.png
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	21694 Click image for larger version

Name:	isometric-mockup.jpg
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	21695

Comment

Nope. I think they are going to stock template sites buying hardware renderings and just adding their graphics, either in Photoshop or Illustrator.
                https://www.istockphoto.com/photos/l...true&sort=best

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• StudioMonkey
                  Reply to Bleed problem! Image to the edge
                  StudioMonkey
                  It is quite impossible to cut a stack of paper exactly on the trim marks. Apart from the accuracy of the cut, which can be problematic, there are other factors;

- if printed on a digital...
                  Today, 06:32 AM
                • StudioMonkey
                  Comment on Help Creating Textures In Illustrator
                  StudioMonkey
                  This is how I do it too - take a few quick photos of interesting surfaces while you're out and about and then play around with them in PhotoShop. Once you've done a few like this you get a better idea...
                  Today, 06:13 AM
                • StudioMonkey
                  Reply to Vistaprint debacle
                  StudioMonkey
                  Wow
                  Today, 06:06 AM
                • kaila58
                  Reply to Portfolio critique
                  kaila58
                  Good point, but in my opinion it's distracting in a portfolio and lacks attention to detail when displaying work.
                  Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                • PrintDriver
                  Reply to Portfolio critique
                  PrintDriver
                  Ha, I noticed the printing and registration marks and thought it refreshing to see a designer who knows to include them....
                  Yesterday, 10:00 PM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X