Help with making a perfect sliced circle in Photoshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with making a perfect sliced circle in Photoshop

Hello, GDF! I've been having a really difficult time making a perfect circle with slices in Photoshop.

I've been looking through all types of tutorials doing all different types of experiments.

I usually do the Ellipse Tool or the Elliptical Marquee Tool. Then, I create a line and rotate it. I split the circle into 45 degree chunks. 8 perfect slices.

Everything good so far. Then, I cut out one of the slices and edit it in a new document. All is well.

The problem is that when I try to re-paste and re-rotate the slices and combine them, you can always see some lines between the slices. It is not seamless.

I know I can fill these with color or use the Spot Healing Brush, but is there a way to make this perfect in Photoshop?

Click image for larger version

Name:	redstar.png
Views:	8
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	21698
    Attached Files

You're not aligning them properly. You can see some of your slices don't fit the outer arc perfectly.
    If I were going to do this kind of thing, I'd do it in Illustrator, then bring it into Photoshop as a smart object, simply because I use photoshop mostly for photo editing and find the vector tools incredibly difficult to control in comparison to Illustrator.

Comment

Even when I do my best to align them, the lines are still there. I have heard Illustrator is much easier to work with. I'm just wondering if I'm asking for the impossible from Photoshop CS6. Thanks for the support!

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 8.35.19 PM.png
Views:	2
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	21697

I was actually able to eliminate the black outline on the red slice by changing the blend mode to Lighten. Hell yes to little victories!

Comment

Thanks very much, PrintDriver. After further experimentation and trying to line them up, I came up with the solution of contracting the margin by 1 px on the slice and deleting it. I think there was a faint black outline that was showing up. It's not perfect, but here's what I have:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 6.54.53 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	21701

Comment

Hi Lipovetskyj and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X